As most of you know by now, I receive two Birchbox shipments each month; one for me and one for my husband. I signed him up for a subscription after realizing he was taking and using some of the products from my Birchbox shipments (the non-makeup items, of course). We basically give and take from each shipment, using the products as needed. I was hoping Birchbox would come out with a man version and found out a few months ago that yes, they were indeed working on one. I was so excited and couldn't wait for it to launch. Birchbox Man finally launched with great success, selling out within an hour or so. For just $45 you received a box full of manly items valued at $240! I actually paid just $35 for it because I redeemed some of my Birchbox points.
The Birchbox Man shipment arrived at my doorstep today, but I waited until my husband came home so he could open it first (even though I was dying to tear that box open and take photos earlier in the day). I'm really happy with what they put together, and so was my husband. I'm excited to see more! Check out my pics of everything included in the very first Birchbox Man!
CLICK HERE to purchase this Birchbox Man shipment! For more information on Birchbox, or to sign-up and start receiving your own Birchbox every month, CLICK HERE to visit http://www.birchbox.com?raf=eops9. Just $10 each month!
Birchbox Man -- the very first box!
Limited Edition - November 2011
- Value of September's Birchbox Shipment: $240.16 (value is approximate and does not include the value of the gym bag)
- Total # of Items Received: 13
- # of skin care items: 2
- # of body care items: 2 (lip balm and toothpaste)
- # of hair care items: 2
- # of fragrance: 1
- # of other items: 6
Skullcandy Earbuds - Holua Gold
- MY THOUGHTS: This is the one product both myself and my husband were equally excited about. I was shocked to look this set up on the Skullcandy website and see the price... $69.99! Wow! I can't wait to put these to use.
- VALUE: $69.99
Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturizer SPF 20
- MY THOUGHTS: Jack Black is a brand my husband already uses, and he just happens to need moisturizer. This will go to good use right away. The size in this shipment is 1.5 fl oz; a full size is 3.3 fl oz @ $27.00, available in the Birchbox store.
- VALUE: $12.27
Anthony Logistics For Men Shave Cream
- MY THOUGHTS: Anthony Logistics is another brand my husband already uses. I believe he already has this, but he can always use more. The size included in this shipment is 2 oz; a full size tube is 6 oz @ $16.50. You can pick up a 2 oz size on Sephora's website for $10, or a full size in the Birchbox Store for $16.50.
- VALUE: $10.00
Kerastase Homme Capital Force Daily Treatment Shampoo
- MY THOUGHTS: Sometimes my husband only uses shampoo and will skip conditioner all together, so I know he'll use this for sure. It smells manly; definitely not a girly scent. The size in this shipment is 80 ml; a full sized bottle is 250 ml @ $36.00, available in the Birchbox store.
- VALUE: $11.50
Kerastase Homme Capital Force Densifying Modelling Paste
- MY THOUGHTS: My husband always says he needs a paste/wax like product, but do I ever see him use it? No. This will come in handy, should he decide to style his hair or tame down some fly-aways. This also smells manly, just like the Kerastase shampoo. The size included in this shipment is 75 ml/2.55 fl oz - which is full sized and available for $30 in the Birchbox store.
- VALUE: $30.00
Kerastase Homme Gym Bag
- MY THOUGHTS: My husband doesn't go to the gym, but he still uses smaller bags (instead of luggage) when we travel, especially on trips out of state to visit family. With an upcoming trip he has planned to visit his parents, this will be a great way for him to pack everything he needs for an overnight trip. Not sure of the value; just seems to be a gift-with-purchase type of item.
- VALUE: ?
Field Notes Mixed Three-Pack
- MY THOUGHTS: Not something my husband would use, but I like to keep little notebooks in my purse. I may keep one (the one with lined paper) and give the other two to my son, who will love to use them. A set of 3 is available in the Birchbox store for $9.95.
- VALUE: $9.95
EBOOST Super Berry Shots
- MY THOUGHTS: My husband was really excited to receive this. With our schedule, and his early work hours, coffee is his form of energy and Red Bull is mine (I hate to drink coffee, but love how it smells and prefer coffee scented candles, body scrubs, etc.). However, these little energy shots are always something worth trying. You can pick up a box of 12 shots on the EBOOST website for $39.00.
- VALUE: $3.25
Anthony Logistics For Men Advanced Formula Lip Balm SPF 25
- MY THOUGHTS: This is a lip balm I purchased for my husband a year or so ago and he never used. Yet he complains when he has dry lips and will then go and use something I have lying around. That's why I wanted him to have his own. Well now he has two, and I know how cheap he is so he won't be able to look at two tubes and let them go to waste. Hopefully he will begin to use it. This is a full sized tube, available for $7.50 in the Birchbox store.
- VALUE: $7.50
Supersmile Professional Whitening Toothpaste - Original Mint
- MY THOUGHTS: I have to admit that my husband didn't even have a chance of claiming this item. I was a long-time Supersmile user years ago, then switched to a cheaper toothpaste (Aquafresh) when we were looking for ways to cut back. Then last month, in October, I received Supersmile toothpaste in my QVC New Beauty Test Tube. I totally fell back in love with it -- it tastes great and does an excellent job at whitening -- so that's the toothpaste I'm back to using. I even purchased a full sized tube of it using my Birchbox points (making it just $1), so this is my third tube in 2 months. I won't need to purchase toothpaste for awhile! The size included in this shipment is 1.75 oz; a full sized tube is 4.2 oz @ $21.00, available in the Birchbox store.
- VALUE: $8.75
BVLGARI Man Eau de Toilette
- MY THOUGHTS: I'm not a fragrance person... or should I say, I'm an extremely picky person when it comes to fragrances. I usually like men's fragrances way more than a women's fragrance -- although, I absolutely fell in love with the Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensee Cologne Absolue from my November Birchbox shipment; and I asked my husband to purchase it for me as a Christmas gift. Anyhow, back to this fragrance... I actually didn't get a chance to get a good smell. I'm sick again, and my nose just doesn't have much smell-ability left. Regardless, my husband rarely wears cologne. He has one that we both picked up nearly 7 years ago, but I think he's worn it three times. He's just not into all that. The size included in this shipment is 5 ml; a full sized bottle is 100 ml @ $79.00, available in the Birchbox store.
- VALUE: $3.95
Bonobos Pocket Square
- MY THOUGHTS: My husband doesn't own any suits, so he really doesn't have a use for this. It's one of those things that will remain in his closet just because we have it and maybe one day it will get used. Don't get me wrong, my husband has a great job where he has to dress nice but he doesn't have to go all out with a suit jacket and pocket square. On the Bonobos website, this pocket square sells for $48.00.
- VALUE: $48.00
Bonobos $25 Gift Card
- MY THOUGHTS: I honestly thought this would be one of those "minimum purchase of $100 required", but it's not. It's simply $25 to spend at the Bonobos website. Now don't get too excited because Bonobos is not cheap. Their clothes look nice but definitely not a place we shop regularly. We're really cheap; or should I say, we're smart about our money. We buy sales, clearances and use coupons whenever possible. Buying a pair of pants for over $100... yeah, not our style. We still dress nice; my husband has a lot of great designer name dress pants, but we get them during incredible sale events -- usually paying less than $50 per pair. Regardless, I'm sure we'll put this gift card to good use. If not for my husband, for someone else.
- VALUE: $25.00
Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of Birchbox Man? Would you purchase this for a guy in your life? Discuss in the comments below.