It was this time last year that I first signed up for Birchbox and received my very first box in January 2011. It's been a great year of sampling beauty products that I would otherwise never get to try or even know about.
This post shows all my shipments over the past year. I didn't include my husband's shipments since I didn't sign him up until May. I did a collective value breakdown/item count, as well as list my favorites and least favorites. Enjoy!
Click on the month/year above each photo to go to that Birchbox blog post to see more photos and details of each item.
2011 Birchbox Shipment Stats:
- Value of all my Birchbox Shipments from 2011: $336.08 (value is approximate)
- Total # of Items Received: 63
- # of makeup items: 15
- # of nail items: 4
- # of skin care items: 19
- # of body care items: 3
- # of hair care items: 7
- # of fragrance: 6
- # of other items: 11
- # of other items (edible): 4
- Most valuable month: June 2011 ($43.66)
- Least valuable month: September 2011 ($13.38)
- My favorite month: November 2011 (if I ignore the coasters, lol)
- My least favorite month: March 2011
- My top 3 favorite product from all shipments: Laura Geller Blush - from my June shipment (I love, love, LOVE this blush), Dr. Dennis Alpha Beta Peel - from my January shipment (one of my favorite peels, I was happy to receive two more applications in my very first Birchbox shipment), Zoya polish - from my April shipment (although I knew about Zoya, I didn't own a single bottle from the brand until I received a mini in my April Birchbox shipment; then another in my July shipment and one more in my November shipment. After receiving a mini in my April shipment I placed an order on Zoya's website and since then I now have 20 different Zoya shades).
- My least 3 favorite product from all shipments: coasters - from my November shipment (I said "WTF" when I saw them in my box... I signed up for beauty samples, not coasters!), brow brush - an added bonus from my March shipment (this was cheap and useless for me), The Laundress Wool & Cashmere Shampoo - from my October shipment (This is a special laundry detergent for sweaters... yeah, I don't think so; I'll stick to Tide and just be happy to get my laundry done without treating my sweaters like they're more important than the rest of my clothes).
- Products I've actually gone out and purchased the full sized version of: Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel (I had a few samples from Sephora before receiving two more in my first Birchbox shipment; I purchased the 30-day supply from the Birchbox store). Laura Geller Blush (This was already a full sized product in my June shipment, but I picked up an additional shade because I loved the formula of this blush so much). Incoco 100% Real Nail Polish Strips (I loved these so I picked up more designs). Atelier Vanilla Intensee Absolut Cologne (This may be the first perfume sample from Birchbox that I actually liked, then fell in love with. My husband just recently purchased this as a Christmas gift for me).
Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of the 2011 year of Birchbox shipments? Do you have a favorite or least favorite? Discuss in the comments below.