December 10, 2011

Reviva Labs Microdermabrasion Pomegranate Scrub -- pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

My Skincare Challenge includes masks and peels one to four times a week (depending on which product I use). One of those scrubs that I've most recently discovered is Reviva Labs Microdermabrasion Pomegranate Scrub.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats and review...

Reviva Labs
Microdermabrasion Pomegranate Scrub
























Basic stats for Reviva Labs Microdermabrasion Pomegranate Scrub:
Formula: gentle face scrub
Cost/Availability: $19 (2 oz full size). Available on the Reviva Labs website.
Packaging: round jar; twist-off lid
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
This is Reviva Labs new and improved formula, allowing even those with sensitive or acne skin to enjoy microdermabrasion. Made with pure mild magnesium oxide, pomegranate, and soothing, calming organic oils. Helps to retexturize skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and rough skin by featuring gentle magnesium oxide crystals and pomegranate instead of abrasive aluminium oxide.


Cost/Availability:
$19 (2 oz full size). Available on the Reviva Labs website.


Packaging:
Round jar with twist-off lid.


Reviva Labs Microdermabrasion Pomegranate Scrub Review:
This is a really gentle scrub, but it still leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth. I haven't been using it long enough to see long term benefits, but so far I'm loving this scrub. You don't need to use a lot either, so this 2 ounce size will give you a good amount of uses.

I used this on both myself and my husband. I like to do scrubs, peels and masks on him because that's really the only way I can get him to use skincare. He has sensitive skin, and my skin is acne-prone, so we're good test subjects when it comes to this kind of thing. We both had no issues using this scrub.

To use this I just washed my face as normal (Clarisonic Mia with some sort of cleanser), then apply this in circular motions to my face, gently scrubbing my face for about 3 minutes. I then left it sit for another minute before washing it off. I'm sure that's not necessary, but it's what I did. You could even keep this jar in the shower and do a quick microdermabrasion to your face while you let your conditioner sit on your hair.

It's a quick and easy way to get microdermabrasion into your skincare routine. If you buy this I would suggest using it once a week. If you have extra dry skin (which happens to a lot of us in the winter), use twice a week.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this scrub? Is this something you'd like to try? Discuss in the comments below.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! :)

    This is indeed very helpful. My Aunt is a user of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all about the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. Which, okay, I don't use daily, but still. Awesome stuff, and it's a chemical exfoliant rather than a physical one (no little scrubby grains to damage skin). Plus it comes as a *powder* which you mix with a little water in the palms of your hands, and I find that unreasonably entertaining. Really does smooth and brighten skin, when I can actually be bothered to use it. Plus I dig Dermalogica's sleek, clean packaging -- I refuse to spend big $ on unattractive things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ collier: I've never tried the Dermalogica one (yet). Sounds fun though! I have one peel that comes as a powder, in capsules, from Philosophy (The Oxygen Peel). I find it fun to use too because of the process, which involves putting a powder in a little container with some hot water, shake it up, wait a minute, and then apply the gloopy gel. I too find it unreasonably entertaining, lol. Although I do admit that I don't really have a preference on packaging; I used to buy things (years and years ago) based on what looked prettiest but have been let down a lot. So now I don't judge a beauty product by its cover (packaging), but it is an added bonus when something looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)