December 31, 2011

Lorac Multiplex 3D Lip Gloss in the shade 3D: swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I still can't find the piece to my camera that controls my studio lights. I have no idea where it disappeared to. I've torn the house up trying to find it and I've had no luck. Today I'm going to have to find another way to make it work because I have so much to share with you that I don't want to wait on!

Anyhow, awhile ago I received a sample of the Lorac Multiplex Lip Gloss in the shade 3D with one of my Sephora orders (I believe that's where this sample came from). It looks beautiful in the tube, okay on the lips, but overall I didn't like it. I'll explain why in my review at the end of this post.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review...

Lorac Multiplex 3D Lip Gloss
Shade: 3D
Shade Description: A bronze with flashes of pink/fuchsia shimmer.


 
















Basic stats for Lorac Multiplex 3D Lip Gloss:
Formula: liquid gloss
Coverage: sheer
Wear: not sure/average
Shade Info: 6 shades available
Cost/Availability: $22 (0.17 fl oz full size). Available on Lorac's website, Sephora's website, Ulta's website, and everywhere else Lorac cosmetics are sold.
Packaging: The full sized version has a beveled-style tube; I only have the sample version. The full sized version is also supposed to have some special brush that is designed to hug the curves of your lips; not sure if the sample has the same brush but I didn't notice anything different about the brush applicator.
My Rating: 3 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
Infused with antioxidants that help nourish and protect, this lip gloss is formulated to retexturize the look of your lips to smooth away imperfections and allow color to appear more vivid and luminous. Lots of sparkle for a multi-dimensional, high-lacquer shine.


Coverage:
Sheer to light coverage, depending on how much you layer on. For me, the shade 3D didn't show up all that much on my lips. The sparkle, however, really stands out.


Wear:
I'm not really sure, so I put down average. It's not necessarily a long-wear formula, but still claims to be long wearing. I didn't like it so I took it off right after photographing it for my blog.


Shade Info:
Currently available in six shades, none of which really stand out to me and make me want to buy more. I mean, they're pretty, but knowing how sparkly these are it kind of makes the colors look different. I don't really know how to explain it, but I think I'd just prefer this in a clear version with lots of sparkle that I can layer over other shades I already love.


Cost/Availability:
$22 (0.17 fl oz full size). Available on Lorac's websiteSephora's websiteUlta's website, and everywhere else Lorac cosmetics are sold.


Packaging:
The full sized version has a beveled-style tube; I only have the sample version. The full sized version is also supposed to have some special brush that is designed to hug the curves of your lips; not sure if the sample has the same brush but I didn't notice anything different about the brush applicator.


Lorac Multiplex 3D Lip Gloss Review:
I'm glad I had a sample of this because I saved myself $22. This just wasn't a gloss for me. I know many people have reviewed this and love it, but I'm just not into it.

The shade I received isn't a color I would normally go for; it looks darker in the tube than I would choose if I were to see it in person. When swatched, however, I can see the pretty pink/fuchsia that flashes through -- and it is very pretty. I'm glad it goes on sheer because it makes the color more wearable for me, and the sparkle this gloss provides is outstandingly beautiful.

However, what I didn't like is the taste. To me it seemed almost like some sort of cough medicine. Maybe it was just the one I received and other shades smell/taste differently, but it was something that stood out to me. When I swatch products and test them out I keep a note pad to write down my thoughts, and there were only three things written down about this gloss...

  • Pink/fuchsia color does not show up in the photos as pretty as it shows up in person.
  • Goes on very sheer; gets a bit gloopy if you try to build the color up a little.
  • Did not like taste; reminds me of cough syrup or cough drop
Overall this gloss just wasn't for me. It's very pretty, and I'd probably be suckered into buying more based on looks alone, but I'd have to pass on this gloss in the future. It may be great for you though, so don't completely write this gloss off until you have the chance to try it out.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this lip gloss? Did you receive a sample or maybe you have a full sized tube? What are your thoughts? Discuss in the comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)