December 23, 2011

Anastasia Hydrafull Gloss in Bellini -- swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I received a sample of Anastasia's Hydrafull Gloss in the shade Bellini from my October 2011 Birchbox. Back then I wasn't too sure what I thought of it, but now I've given it a test drive and I like it; I don't love it.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats and review...

Anastasia Hydrafull Gloss
Shade: Bellini
Shade Description: An orange peach, with the slightest hint of pink.


 















Basic stats for Anastasia Hydrafull Gloss:
Formula: liquid gloss
Coverage: light to medium color payoff
Wear: average
Shade Info: 8 shades
Cost/Availability: $21 (0.07 oz full size). Available on Anastasia's website, Sephora's website, and everywhere else Anastasia products are sold.
Packaging: rounded lip gloss tube; twist-off cap; flexible silicone paddle applicator
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
This lip gloss has been proven (in clinical testing) to help maximize and maintain lip hydration and fullness. Features "Kiss Me Quick" plant extract that helps to increase volume and fullness in lips. Brown Algae, which is a key ingredient that smooths, firms, hydrates and revitalizes the appearance of skin. Balkan Botanical Infusion -- Anastasia's exclusive antioxidant-rich complex which helps soften, soothe and hydrate skin.

The research results: After 10 minutes of use, 90% reported lips are hydrated. After one week, 87% reported this lip gloss provides long-lasting moisture. After four weeks, 83% saw improvement in the texture of their lips and again 90% reported lips are hydrated.

Coverage:
The shade I have, Bellini, gave me light color payoff; other shades may give slightly more and of course you can use less for a sheer look.


Wear:
For me, this was average gloss wear. It is formulated to be long-wearing.


Shade Info:
Currently available in 8 shades; I'd like to maybe try out Flamingo or Sugar Pink in the future.


Cost/Availability:
$21 (0.07 oz full size). Available on Anastasia's websiteSephora's website, and everywhere else Anastasia products are sold.


Packaging:
Rounded tube lip gloss (the full sized), twist-off cap. The applicator is different from a lot of glosses out there; it's a flexible silicone paddle.


Anastasia Hydrafull Gloss Review:
Without receiving a sample of this gloss, I don't know if I would have taken the plunge and purchased it on its own at $21 a piece. It sounds so promising online, but reviews are really mixed.

I actually like this gloss, but I don't like the shade Bellini. I found this gloss to feel comfortable on my lips and it had no super noticeable smell or taste. I thought it was really shiny, too! The applicator, which I've read a lot of people don't like, actually applies the gloss nicely -- although I will admit it was weird at first.

Overall I wouldn't necessarily recommend this, but if you have the chance to try it out I would say go for it!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this lip gloss? Did you sample this in your Birchbox? What are your thoughts? Discuss in the comments below.



4 comments:

  1. Orange lippies looks great on you.


    balderdashinn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hii, I wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Versatile blog award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shade looks really great on you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this gloss!! It doesn't go too pink but maintains the golden orange hue on me. I just wish it were a bigger tube! I like the applicator, no waste at all!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)