December 18, 2011

CATTIVA Dolce Diva Lip Liner in Nude: swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I want to start this post by saying I'm not a huge lip liner person, however, I like to use a lip liner every now and again to prolong my lipstick wear or to wear under sheer glosses. Lip liner can also alter lipstick shades, which I find fun to see what other ways I can transform some of my brighter lipsticks into warmer shades.

I should point out that I always line my lips and then fill them in entirely. My biggest pet peeve with lips is seeing something with a darker lip liner that's just lined on their lips. It looks terrible... especially when the lipstick or gloss wears off and all you're left with is a ring around your mouth. Please, please, please, if you use lip liner, fill in the entire lip! Of course there are exceptions -- there are clear lip liners out there just designed to prevent feathering. But any others... please fill them in! Anyhow...

Check out my pic, swatches, stats and review...

CATTIVA Dolce Diva Lip Liner
Shade: Nude
Shade Description: A brown nude; which may read more or less brown on you depending on your skin and lip tone. It reads more brown on me.





















Here's how it looks with a brighter pink lipstick on top...
Shown below: CATTIVA Dolce Diva Lip Liner in Nude (outlined and filled in on entire lips), then Maybelline Color Sensation Lipstick in Pink & Proper. It warms brighter tones.




Basic stats for CATTIVA Dolce Diva Lip Liner:
Formula: waterproof creamy pencil
Coverage: nice pigmentation
Wear: long wearing
Shade Info: This is the only shade available on CATTIVA's website.
Cost/Availability: $20 (0.12 oz full size). Available on CATTIVA's website.
Packaging: pencil; pull-off cap; no need to sharpen, liner just twists up
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
This is a waterproof, long lasting, and anti-aging lip liner. Fortified with hyaluronic acid and filling spheres.


Coverage:
Very nicely pigmented; will give you a great layer of color so you could even wear this on its own with a little clear gloss on top and have a great brown-nude shade to your lips.


Wear:
Long-wearing on its own, but also great for prolonging your lipstick and lip gloss wear.


Shade Info:
Only available in the Nude shade, which will work on just about everyone. The way it looks on your lips will depend on your natural lip color. I do wish other shades were available.


Cost/Availability:
$20 (0.12 oz full size). Available on CATTIVA's website.


Packaging:
Automatic lip liner pencil, meaning no need to sharpen; just twist-up.


CATTIVA Dolce Diva Lip Liner Review:
This is one of the better lip liners I've used. It goes on really nicely and fills in lips evenly. It creates a great base for lipsticks, as you can see in one of the photos above where I layered a bright pink lipstick on top. It warms them up, giving your favorite lipsticks a new look and allows you to re-purpose those too-bright-for-the-office shades.

The only reason I rated it 4 out of 5 kisses is because it made my lips feel dry, but then again what lip liner doesn't feel a little dry to some degree. I put a balm over top for testing purposes and it was the perfect touch to make my lips feel hydrated again. I've also tried using a clear lip balm underneath and that worked too. For the purpose of the swatch photo I did not use a lip balm underneath and it still looks great on its own.

The shade, Nude, reads brown on my lips but does have a touch of pink to its base and therefore makes it very wearable on virtually everyone. The way it looks on you will depend on your natural lip tone - but that goes for any lip product you wear. I do wish other shades were available; maybe a nude with a lot more pink in it because this pencil was really nicely pigmented and would be great to wear on its own with a clear balm or gloss on top.

This lip liner kept my lipstick on for hours and hours, and it also prolonged gloss wear greatly. Once the gloss did wear off I will still left with lips that had color thanks to this lip liner's nicely pigmented base.

If you're a lip liner gal you'll love CATTIVA'S Dolce Diva Lip Liner!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this lip liner? Have you tried this or would you like to? Discuss in the comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)