July 14, 2011

July 2011 Birchbox - shipment one

Hello, Beautiful!

I wanted to post this a couple days ago but I've been super busy with guests at my home, traveling and making the most of the summer.

Once again my husband's Birchbox is no where to be found. My box and his box both shipped the same day, from the same location to the same location, yet his doesn't show up at the same time. I don't understand how this can happen twice in a row. It's making me really irritated with Birchbox, or maybe it's my local post office I need to be irritated with. I don't think Birchbox will believe me if I call for a second time to say I don't have my husband's box, but if I don't receive it by the middle of next week then I guess I have to call them again.

This Birchbox is by far the most disappointing for me. It also has the lowest value out of all the shipments I've received so far (since January 2011). I was really excited when I first saw it; it had a special sleeve around the box saying Cynthia Rowley. I thought this box may be really, really special. It does have a mini Zoya polish, which is great, but everything else is just so-so. Maybe next month will be extra awesome? I can only hope.

Anyhow, this is my July 2011 Birchbox shipment.


* click on an image to view it larger *

July 2011 Birchbox
My Birchbox beauty profile is set to Trendy and Classic.




The Included Info Card


SHIPMENT QUICK-STATS
  • Value of this month's shipment: $20.54 (value is approximate)
  • Total # of items received: 5
  • # of skincare items: 2
  • # of makeup items: 0
  • # of nail care items: 1
  • # of hair care items: 1
  • # of fragrance: 0
  • # of other items: 1



Now I'll break it down, product-by-product...


ZOYA nail polish in the shade Pandora
from the Touch Collection
  • Description On Info Card: Neutral gets a sexy makeover in this creamy, slightly metallic nude. The perfect accessory to summer's bright fashions.
  • My Thoughts: I love nail polish, so I'm always thrilled to receive a polish in my Birchbox! Even though Zoya polishes were already featured in a past Birchbox (April 2011), I'm not going to complain. They could send me a new shade every month and I'd be happy!
  • Sample Size: 0.25 fl oz
  • Full Size: 0.5 fl oz @ $8.00
  • Sample Size Value: $4.00
  • Where you can buy this product online: Find the shade Pandora on Zoya's website.




REDKEN Shine Flash 02
  • Description On Info Card: A must for all Cynthia's runway shows, this weightless spray gives hair a brilliant finish. 
  • My Thoughts: I haven't tried this yet, but I always like shine sprays so I'm sure I'll enjoy this one.
  • Sample Size: 2.1 oz
  • Full Size: 4.4 oz @ $17
  • Sample Size Value: $8.10



PHILOSOPHY Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser
  • Description On Info Card: This perennial award-winner is pH-balanced to gently clear away dirt, oil, and makeup without drying out skin. 
  • My Thoughts: I have this cleanser already and I do like it. It's nice to have a smaller version I can throw in my travel bag.
  • Sample Size: 1 fl oz
  • Full Size: 16 oz @ $32
  • Sample Size Value: $2.00
  • Where you can buy this product online: Purchase this cleanser on Philosophy's website.
 



NUXE Huile Prodigieuse Multi-usage Dry Oil
  • Description On Info Card: A makeup artist favorite. This multi-use oil gives face and body a pretty glow (minus any slickness), and it works to smooth flyaways too. 
  • My Thoughts: At first glance I thought this was another fragrance sample, which to be honest I'm tired of receiving in my Birchbox shipments because I'm just not a fragrance girl. Then I read that this is actually a dry oil, so I may use this in the future. I do use oils on my face in my skincare routine, but not a dry oil. I could use this on my hair. Hmm, I'm on the fence with this product.
  • Sample Size: 10ml
  • Full Size: 100 ml @ $44.50
  • Sample Size Value: $4.45
  • Where you can buy this product online: I found this at Beauty.com/Drugstore.com.
 



KIND Almond & Apricot bar
  • Description On Info Card: Snack right with this wholesome bar -- no preservatives or hard-to-pronounce ingredients. 
  • My Thoughts: This is a Birchbox bonus, and it's just not for me. I'm not a fan of these types of bars. I will, however, save this because I know my mother-in-law may like this.
  • Sample Size: this is a full sized product
  • Full Size: 1.4 oz @ $1.99 per bar
  • Sample Size Value: $1.99
  • Where you can buy this product online: Directly on KIND's website.



2 comments:

  1. Hi I just read your blog post and birchbox seems pretty interesting so I want to give it a try. I was wondering what you selected for your splurge product and beauty style for your beauty profile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Birchbox profile is set to Trendy and Classic. My splurge product is The Perfect Foundation (although I am changing it to The Latest Makeup Color) for my next shipment.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)