July 10, 2011

Pacifica Island Glow Beautiful Body Kit - swatches & review

Hello, Beautiful!

I love Pacifica products! When I saw the newest kit, the Pacifica Island Glow Beautiful Body Kit, I knew I had to have it. The main reason I wanted this kit was for the body scrub. About 6 or 7 years ago I was using a Kona coffee scrub from a different brand, but they stopped carrying it! I was bummed because it smelled so damn delicious and worked really well too. I haven't found another Kona coffee scrub since that has lived up the same delicious smell. Knowing that Pacifica makes delicious smelling products I figured I may have found my Kona coffee scrub after all these years.

Unfortunately, the smell of their Kona coffee scrub is not even close to what a coffee scrub smell should be. I know it's a coffee and sugar scrub, so I should have figured it wouldn't have a very strong coffee smell, but it barely has any coffee smell. It smells more like a sugary frosting with a hint of coffee. Bummer. However, the scrub itself is nice, although a little oily, and I do like the smell of the scrub; it's just not the smell I was hoping for.

The body butters are nice in consistency, but very shimmery. I don't think I'd use the bronzing body butter all that much, but that could change. The luminizing body butter is pretty and is the one I like better. I would use that as a highlight for my body; not as an all-over body lotion. It's just a little too white/light for my skintone to use all over. It would probably make me look a bit like Casper the Ghost if I used it all over. But using it as a highlighter on my body will be so pretty. I may even use the bronzing lotion as a highlight color on my body.

The lip balm is the worst product of the kit. It didn't moisturize my lips at all and I didn't really care for the pearlescent sheen on my lips. It looks too white and just wasn't flattering. I would say you could layer this over something but that would defeat the purpose of a lip balm. It's just not for me.

Overall I'm very disappointed in this kit, considering it's by Pacifica. I expected something way better from them; this was just a let-down. I would say this kit is a nice kit to purchase if you're looking for shimmery lotions and a nice scrub. Don't buy this for the lip balm.

You can pick this up for $24 at Sephora and on Sephora.com.









Pacifica Kona Coffee & Sugar Detox Whole Body Scrub











Pacifica Coconut Crushed Pearl Bronzing Body Butter in Sun-kissed Glow
Shade Description: A sparkly bronze glow.










Pacifica Coconut Crushed Pearl Luminizing Body Butter in Shimmer & Glow
Shade Description: A luminous pearlescent shimmery glow.










Pacifica Coconut Pearls Luminizing Lip Quench
Shade Description: A clear balm with pearlescent sheen.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)