July 15, 2011

Mally Perfect Prep Poreless Primer in Glow: swatches & review

Hello, Beautiful!

My "Week Of" Mally Beauty is now being called my Mally Beauty Celebration because I have so many products to share with you! It all begins today!

I go on vacation this Saturday night with just my husband. My parents are coming down to watch our son and our dogs, and then we're off to Cedar Point in Ohio for a few days alone to ride the rides and enjoy each other's company! I'm so excited!! I won't be around to post much while I'm gone, but I will be able to publish posts from my phone that I have ready to go (all Mally Beauty). I will respond to comments and emails when I get back next week. Enjoy the Mally posts!



I've wanted to try Mally's Perfect Prep Poreless Primer for awhile now but never got around to it. Finally a smaller sized version, in Glow, was offered in a kit on QVC and I jumped at the opportunity to purchase the kit, mainly to try the primer (also because I needed to replace my mascara).

I love this primer. The texture is divine... a light, creamy mousse-like magic-amazing texture that just melts into your skin.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats and review...


Mally Perfect Prep Primer
Shade: Glow
Shade Description: An illuminating color-less primer.








Basic stats for Mally's Perfect Prep Primer in Glow: 
Formula: a creamy, light whipped mousse-like, magic-amazing-texture 
Coverage: this is color-less, but offers a hint of glow
Wear: keeps making on longer 
Shade Range: available in original and in Glow 
Container: round jar, screw off lid 
Cost: $35 on Mally's website and on QVC
Availability: Find this on Mally's website and on QVC's website
My Rating: 5 out 5 kisses!

Formula:
This primer has a texture unlike any other I've tried. It's like a mousse, but it's not. It's like a liquid, but it's not. It's like a cream, but it's not. It's just... I don't know, perfect! It's so soft, creamy and smooth. It melts into your skin like a dream, leaving behind a subtle glow. It creates the perfect canvas for makeup application. It contains marine spheres to fill and soften the look of tiny lines, a silicon base to prep skin perfectly, and brightening & firming ingredients.

Coverage:
This is a color-less product but it will leave behind a glow, which, once foundation is applied, isn't noticeable (unless you are using a sheer foundation).

Wear:
This will lock your moisturizer into your skin and keep your makeup on longer.

Shade Range:
Available in this Glow version, or the original version.

Container:
A round jar with a twist-off lid. You have to dip your fingers into the product to apply. I usually prefer a pump or squeeze tube when it comes to primers, but I don't mind the way this primer is packaged.

Cost/Availability:
This primer costs $35 for the original or Glow version. You can find the Glow version on Mally's website or QVC's website. You can also find the original version on Mally's website or on QVC's website.

My Review:
I fell in love with this primer instantly, and I haven't fallen in love with a primer in a long time. I've liked primers but never went ga-ga over them. The texture of this primer, which I can't really describe, is just so divine. It's the best feeling primer I've ever used. At first I thought it looked a bit like L'Oreal's Magic Perfecting Base, because that too is described as a mousse, but it's nothing like that. You just need to feel it for yourself to know what I'm talking about.

Besides feeling amazing it also works really well. It melts right into your skin and you don't need to wait a long time before you can apply makeup over it (I usually wait 5 minutes with other primers). My makeup goes on smoothly and easily on top of this primer, and it lasts a very long time too. I'm going to test this primer out when I go on my Cedar Point Amusement Park trip this weekend. First it will have to get me through the long 7 to 8 hour car ride, then it will go through the elements test of heat, sweat, humidity, roller coasters and water rides. I have a feeling this primer is going to pass both tests.

I highly, highly recommend this!!!


Now let me know what you think...
Do you own this primer? If so, what are your thoughts? If not, is this something you'd want to own?


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)