July 25, 2011

Mally Eyeshadow Base & Eyeshadow Single in Shimmering Taupe - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

This is one of the few shadows from Mally that I own, but I love the shade. It's one of the few shades I can put on my eyes by itself (with liner and mascara, of course) and feel like my eyes look good to go, without needing anything else.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review...

Mally Eyeshadow Base & Eyeshadow Single in Shimmering Taupe
Shade Description: Base - a light/medium nude cream. Eyeshadow Single: a purple-gray taupe shimmer.



 
 















Basic stats for Mally's Eyeshadow Base & Eyeshadow Single:
Formula: cream base/pressed-powder shadow
Coverage: nicely pigmented
Wear: above average
Shade Range: n/a
Container: a rectangle container that has a magnetic closure; mirror on one side; shadow base on left and shadow on right; non-refillable
Cost: ? I can't find this exact duo anymore
Availability: ?
My Rating: 4 out 5 kisses


Formula:
The shadow base is creamy and smooth, applies easily. The eyeshadow is a pressed-powder eyeshadow, which is silky, smooth and blends easily.

Coverage:
Good pigmentation with this shadow. You can control how soft or intense your look is, especially by using the shadow base underneath (for a bolder color).

Wear:
Without the shadow base this shadow has average wear, which for me will get me through an entire day (usually). With the shadow base it's not going anywhere until you take it off.

Shade Range:
I can't find this duo anymore, with a shadow base and shadow, so I'm not sure if this duo compact is still being made or if you can only get it in a Mally kit.
Container:
A rectangle container that has a magnetic closure. When you open it one side is a mirror and the other side for the product. The shadow base is on left and the eyeshadow is on right. Most of her compacts are refillable but this one is not.

Cost/Availability:
I'm not sure.

Review:
This is a pretty shade, one I consider to be a neutral shade for me. I like that this "taupe" is more purple and gray than it is a taupe. Typically when I think of taupe I think of beiges, browns and tans. This is so far from that.

I have nothing to complain about when it comes to formula. This shadow goes on nicely, blends easily and lasts a long time. The shadow base is nice too; it really helps the shadows grip to the eyelid and look truer in color.

I do recommend this - both the base and the shadow color. You could probably find them both separately.


Now let me know what you think...
Do you own this shadow base & shadow single, or one or the other from Mally? If so, what are your thoughts? If not, is this something you'd want to own?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)