This is both mine and my husband's August 2011 Birchbox (both myself and my husband receive a Birchbox each month). This month we received the exact same box, which is the first time that's happened. I guess it's time for me to change my husband's beauty profile settings back (I had them all selected).
For more information on Birchbox, or to sign-up and start receiving your own Birchbox every month, CLICK HERE to visit http://www.birchbox.com/. Just $10 each month!
* click on an image to view it larger *
August 2011 Birchbox
August 2011 Birchbox
My Birchbox beauty profile was set to Trendy & Classic. My husband's Birchbox beauty profile was set to Trendy, Classic, Adventurous, and Low-Maintenance.
- Value of this month's shipment: $26.15 (value is approximate)
- Total # of items received: 5
- # of skin care items: 2
- # of body care items: 0
- # of makeup items: 1
- # of nail care items: 0
- # of hair care items: 2
- # of fragrance: 0
- # of other items: 0
Now I'll break it down, product-by-product...
SHAVEWORKS The Cool Fix
- Description On Info Card: At last, a solution to bumps, ingrown, and other shaving and waxing side effects. Bonus: it soothes as it works.
- My Thoughts: I actually purchased this exact item (and size) from Sephora a few months ago for my husband. It was marketed as a men's after shave type gel to help soothe and prevent ingrown hairs. My husband actually likes it, so now he has two more bottles of it. Yay! I, on the other hand, never thought to use it on myself. Now I have something to try.
- Sample Size: 1 fl
- Full Size: 2 fl @ $11 (or 5.3 fl oz @ $25)
- Sample Size Value: $5.50
JUNE JACOBS Papaya Purifying Enzyme Masque
- Description On Info Card: Powered by natural fruit extracts, this creamy mask dissolves dull cells, then boosts skin with essential oils and antioxidant-rich tea extracts.
- My Thoughts: I'm always excited to try a new mask or peel, and this one smells delicious! A very nice light fruity scent and a very nice creamy texture. The scent alone makes me want to eat it! I tried this out on my hand (after swatched it for the photos above). I left it on for about 5 minutes, removed with water and my hand felt incredibly smooth, soft, the dry skin on my hand was completely gone, and my hand just looked better. Not to mention my hand smelled so freakin delicious! I'm seriously in love with the scent. I need it in a spray-fragrance version!
- Sample Size: 0.5 fl oz
- Full Size: 3.7 fl oz @ $62
- Sample Size Value: $8.38
SMASHBOX Photo Finish Primer
- Description On Info Card: This award-winning primer is better than ever, with brand-new packaging. It gives skin a matte, velvet-soft finish and keeps makeup in place all day.
- My Thoughts: This was the very first foundation primer I ever tried, and that was nearly 9 years ago. Ever since, I've used this foundation primer very often. I have a lot of primers now, so I don't use one exclusively, but I do find I can always count on this primer. It was the primer I used on my wedding day (and on all my bridesmaids).
- Sample Size: 0.25 fl oz
- Full Size: 1 fl oz @ $36
- Sample Size Value: $9.00
OUIDAD Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel
- Description On Info Card: A styling aid with brains! When this non-sticky gel sense heat, it stops hair from expanding. Welcome to frizz-free curls.
- My Thoughts: I've always wanted to try the Ouidad brand, and this product seems like a great way to try the line. I plan to try this out on my next amusement park trip, which will really put it to the test!
- Sample Size: 0.6 fl oz
- Full Size: 6 fl oz @ $16
- Sample Size Value: $1.60
TWISTBAND Hair Tie (black)
- Description On Info Card: This soft elastic gives the hair tie a sophisticated makeover -- it looks as good on your wrist as it does in your hair.
- My Thoughts: I don't normally like thicker sized hair ties, but this one is black so it blends nicely with my darker brown hair. I like the fact that it works well, comfy in my hair and looks cute on my wrist. Although I won't over glorify it; it's just an elastic ribbon looking thing. And with the way I lose hair ties, well I don't know if I could afford to lose these. They aren't expensive, but they are if you lose hair ties a lot.
- Sample Size: 1 Twistband
- Full Size: 3 Twistbands @ $5
- Sample Size Value: $1.67