This past Saturday I posted a Fall Watercolor Feathers NOTD, which I loved so much that I kept it on until Monday morning (and for me, that's a long time since I normall change my nails daily). I thought for my Pink Wednesday post that I'd do the same design, but using pink shades (plus a hint of gold).
Well I did it, but I didn't like the results. All the shades of pink get lost with each other and it just looks like a blob of pink instead of a feather-like design. Maybe if I planned out the colors a little better I would have gotten a better result. Needless to say, this mani was removed right after I took these photos and I re-painted my nails with OPI's Crown Me Already! from the Miss Universe collection (pics of that polish on my nails will be posted very soon). I mean, it's not a terrible mani, but it's my least favorite Pink Wednesday mani that I've done so far.
Just in case you want to re-create this mani, here's what I did:
- 1 coat of Essie's First Base base coat
- 2 coats of Revlon's Top Speed polish in Pink -- painted on just the ring and thumb nails
- 2 coats of H&M polish in Coral - applied to the pointer, middle and pinky nails
- 1 coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat to all nails
- Using a striping brush, create the feather design on your ring and thumb nails. Read over my Fall Watercolor Feather NOTD post for more details on how to create the feather design. Polishes used for the feather design: H&M - Coral, H&M - Berry, Urban Decay - Big Bang, China Glaze - Midnight Kiss
- 1 coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat on ring and thumb nails