This is my Summer 2011 Beauty Awards! I wanted to take pictures of everything but honestly I've just been really swamped with other stuff (like prepping the blog sale and traveling a lot).
I've tested out a lot of products this summer, including a bunch of new items and old favorites that were tested in the summer conditions. I have my favorites and decided to talk about them in an awards-style post. Enjoy!
Summer 2011 Beauty Awards!
These awards are based only on the performance of all products during the summer months. Products have to be able to work in heat, humidity, sweat, long-days, roller coasters and water rides - they also have to work with a busy schedule and be easy to travel with.
The products I selected as the winner of each category have passed my summer tests and get my seal of approval for summer beauty must-haves.
BEST IN MAKEUP...
- Best Primer: Mally Poreless Prep Primer in Glow
- Best Beat-The-Heat Foundation: Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Makeup
- Best Full Coverage Foundation: Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation
- Best Concealer: Mally Cancellation Concealer System
- Best Setting Powder: Dermablend Setting Powder
- Best Other Powder: Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder
- Best Highlighter: Mally's Purelight highlighter from her Effortless Airbrush Blush & Highlighter compact
- Best Bronzer: Mally Visible Skin Bronzer
- Best Blush: Laura Geller Baked Blush -N- Brighten in Apricot Berry
- Best Eyeshadow (pressed powder): Too Faced Naked Eye Palette
- Best Eyeshadow (cream): Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams
- Best Eye Liner: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero
- Best Mascara: Mally Volumizing Mascara
- Best Lip Balm: Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15
- Best Lip Gloss: L'Oreal Colour Riche Le Gloss
- Best Lipstick: Make Up For Ever Artist Rouge
BEST IN NAILS...
- Best Holographic Polish: Nfu Oh - #61
- Best Summer Shade (creme): Zoya - Robyn
- Best Summer Shade (glitter): Orly - Bubbly Bombshell
- Best Top Coat: Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
- Best Base Coat: Deborah Lippmann Ridge Filler Base Coat
- Best Cutitcle Remover: Deborah Lippmann Cutitcle Remover
- Best Cuticle Oil: Deborah Lippmann Cuticle Oil
BEST IN SKIN CARE...
- Best Cleanser: bareMinerals Purifying Facial Cleanser
- Best Cleansing Tool: Clarisonic Mia
- Best Cleansing Cloths: Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths
- Best Toner: Olay Refreshing Toner
- Best Moisturizer (day time): DDF Ultra-Lite Oil Free Moisturizing Dew
- Best Moisturizer (night time): Tarte Maracuja Oil
- Best Acne Treatment: DDF Acne Control Treatment
- Best Scrub/Peel: Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel
- Best Mask: DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask
BEST IN BODY CARE...
- Best Shower Gel: Korres Guava Shower Gel
- Best Body Lotion: Pacifica Hawaiian Ruby Guava Body Butter
BEST IN HAIR CARE...
- Best Shampoo: Bumble & Bumble Creme de Coco Shampoo
- Best Conditioner: Bumble & Bumble Creme de Coco Conditioner
- Best Styling Product (prep): Bumble & Bumble Tonic Lotion
- Best Styling Product (anti-frizz): Jonathan product Create Weightless Smooth
- Best Styling Product (make waves/curls): Frederick Fekkai Wave Spray or Surf Spray
- Best Styling Product (make straight): Bumble & Bumble Straight
- Best Styling Product (after hair is dry): Jonathan product Silky Dirt