August 25, 2011

Sephora Colorful Mono Eyeshadow in No. 39 - Paris Romance: swatches, review & an easy eye look using this shade

Hello, Beautiful!

On my recent trip to Sephora I was suddenly struck with an urge to find a peacock teal eyeshadow; a shade that had a smokey quality to it rather than a neon or brightness. I found a close match to what was in my head in the Sephora Collection makeup section. The shade, No. 39 - Paris Romance, is a glittery shadow that is a close match to what I had in my mind. It may just be my new favorite shade for fall.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review...

Sephora Colorful Mono Eyeshadow
Shade: No. 39 - Paris Romance
Shade Description: A deep aquamarine with silver glitter; a glittery peacock teal.


 
 
















One simple way to wear this shade:
I applied the shade Paris Romance lightly from the middle to outter corner of the eye. In person the color is deeper/richer, but the photography lights make it appear lighter on camera (even my skintone is lighter). The shade is much prettier in person, but I also like the way it looks in the photos.

The rest of the eye look:
I used Too Faced eyeshadow in the shade In A Flash (from the Too Faced Smokey Eye palette - which I have swatches and a review of coming up soon). I applied this silver shade from the middle to inner corner of the eye. I used Mally's Evercolor Waterproof Eyeliner in Onyx to line my upper lash line and lower inner rim (waterline). I topped it off with Benefit's They're Real! Mascara (two coats on top, 1 coat on the bottom).
Click on the pic below to view it larger.




Basic stats for Sephora Colorful Mono Eyeshadow:
Formula: pressed powder
Coverage: buildable; nicely pigmented
Wear: long-wearing
Shade Range: Available online (on Sephora's website) in 79 shades!!!
Container: round compact; see-through top
Cost: $12 each
Availability: Purchase this shadow at Sephora and on Sephora's website 
My Rating: 5 out 5 kisses


Formula:
This is a press powder eyeshadow. The shade I chose has glitter in it, but these shadows are available in matte, metallic shimmer, and glittering. They are paraben-free, contain protective antioxidants, are long lasting and go on smoothly.

Coverage:
Buildable coverage depending on how you apply, but they are very nicely pigmented (at least the shade I have is very nicely pigmented).

Wear:
They are long-wearing even without a primer, but I still use a shadow primer to get the maximum wear and look.

Shade Range:
Sephora currently has 79 shades available online -- which is an incredible assortment of shadows. I'm sure everyone can find at least one or two shades (or 50) that you want to own.

Container:
A round compact-like eyeshadow container. A see-through top so it's easy to see what color is inside.

Cost/Availability:
Just $12 each at Sephora and on Sephora's website.

Sephora Colorful Mono Eyeshadow Review:
Okay, I'll admit that I don't generally go for Sephora brand cosmetics. Mostly because for just a few bucks more I can get a brand I prefer. Not to mention I wasn't highly impressed with some of their glosses and other makeup in the past. However, my  mind may be changing after trying this shadow!

I don't generally go for greens or blues, but if they are the right shade I will buy them. I have a blue eyeshadow (MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow in Blue Flame) that I really love and get a lot of compliments from wearing it -- mostly people saying: "What?!! You're wearing blue eyeshadow?!!!... but it looks so good!". And I get what they're saying; blue eyeshadow can look really, really tacky and really, really bad. But given the right shade, tone and application and just about any color can work for everyone. Same goes with the peacock teal shade I was searching for today. I didn't want a neon teal or an 80's teal, or even a slightly bright teal. I wanted a peacock teal -- something on the deeper/darker end of the teal shades, and something with a smokey quality to it. I didn't search all that long, and maybe there is a better peacock teal match for me, but right now I'm loving the Paris Romance shade from Sephora!

The color is really pretty; a shade I never thought I would wear but have been wearing it very often and getting compliments. The shadow formula is better than I expected. It is really glittery in the compact but goes on not as glittery looking (although you'll still see glitter - just not GLITTER, if you know what I mean). I have brown eyes and darker hair. I know blues and teals compliment my coloring when I wear them in clothing so why not wear them on my eyes? I wear purple on my eyes all the time and love it, but teal... I never thought the day would come!

I would highly recommend this eyeshadow because the price is affordable, the formula is great and the shade selection is one of the best I've ever seen. I also highly recommend this shade to anyone looking to try something new this fall. Go for it!



** Let me know what you think! **
Do you own this eyeshadow? If so, what are your thoughts? If not, is this an eyeshadow shade you'd want to try out? Leave me a comment below or send me an email! I do try to answer all questions in the comments section and by email. I hope to hear your thoughts!



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)