January 27, 2012

Urban Decay Book Of Shadows IV - swatches, pics

Hello, Beautiful!

I was lucky to get this for about $35 on Sephora's website. The original price was $64, on sale for $44, and then they had an extra 20% off sale items. What a great deal for a superb shadow palette! I would pay that price just for the eyeshadows alone, but you also get a full sized liquid liner (which I love), mini mascara, mini primer potion, and a mini speaker (which my son has taken, but I did test it out first).

Check out my pics, swatches, and mini review...

Urban Decay Book Of Shadows IV



















The mini speaker.
This mini speaker comes with two cords; one to connect to something like an iphone/ipod and the other to connect to your computer.






The Look Card
You'll scan the QR code on the back to see how-to videos using this palette.
 


Mini Mascara
 








Mini Primer Potion










Full-Sized 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion
 







Let's go into detail with the shadows...






















Urban Decay Book Of Shadows IV Review:
This was such a great purchase for me! I got it during a sale at Sephora when they had an extra 20% off their clearance, so this was really affordable since it was already on sale. You can still buy it on Urban Decay's website for $44.

The shadows are of course great quality. I've been using this palette a lot; the shade Crystal may be my favorite.... but I may be biased to the shade name :)

Overall, a really great palette that I'm really happy to own!


Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this palette? Do you have this or is this on your wish list? What shadow shade is your favorite? Discuss in the comments below.

15 comments:

  1. I was holding my breathe while going through this post. Goodness, this palette is absolutely gorgeous! Envy much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fun set! I always like to use light brown shadows. I also can't liveee without mascara. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this palette. I had it on my wishlist for a long time but almost seventy clams for a shadow palette wasn't happening on my budget. Then it went on sale and it was mine. :D

    I love the design of the palette and the butterflies. I use this palette frequently; on it's own and with other shadows. Bust is one of my fave blending out colours and I almost live in Zephyr. I haven't tried the liner or mascara, yet. Nor have I tried the speaker. Not likely to, either. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this is heavenly beautiful treat na... am loving this BOOK. i love all colors but 1-8 are really popping colors na :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful palette! I can't believe you got such a great deal on it! I always enjoy your photos and swatches, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello :D
    how are you? already recovered?

    i'm sorry for don't comment your blog, but I'll walk into the exam time and it is now difficult to comment every day but i see all of your posts i promisse ihih

    I love this palette...

    oh my gosh if i buy everything that i like...


    kisses for you sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Filipa: Aw, thanks for thinking of me! I'm actually having a small complication that I'm trying to work through. It's my own fault; I hurt myself and now I'm in constant pain :( But I'm working through it and I know I'll find a way to make it better. I've been couch bound more than I want though.

    I hope you do good on your exams. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello, of course I remember you.
    oh I hope you get well soon: D
    and thank you

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never tried it but I think it's just so beautiful. i love every single color and detail of this palette.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool post, amazing eye shadows!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sin & Midnight Rodeo are STUNNING. And this is SO freaking cool that you can watch tutorials while you apply your makeup! :)

    Shannon
    getbig67@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I discovered your blog by chance when I was looking at different brands of glitter nail polish. I love your creativity with putting different polishes together as well as the demonstrations of other cosmetics! Keep up the good work! It's nice to see what I'm gonna get before I spend the money!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a badass post, love how you set up the swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always wanted to get volume 4 but its just so expensive. I do love Midnight Rodeo so much though. I like how its not overly glittery. Great review chick x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)