January 17, 2012

L'Oreal Infallible 24HR Eye Shadow in Sultry Smoke, Iced Latte, Midnight Blue -- swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I couldn't wait to find the L'Oreal Infallible 24HR Eye Shadows at my local Target. I found them a few weeks ago but haven't gotten around to posting about them until now. I originally only purchased one shade, Sultry Smoke, but after trying it out I went back to my local Target and picked up two more, Iced Latte and Midnight Blue.

This shadow has a unique texture; it's not a cream shadow, although that's what I first assumed it was. It actually feels rather soft and even a bit bouncy. Feels slightly dry but goes on smooth. Like I said, it's a bit of a unique texture and I like it. It's a hybrid of cream shadow and loose pigment.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review...


L'Oreal Infallible 24HR Eye Shadow
Shades: Sultry Smoke, Iced Latte, Midnight Blue
Continue scrolling down to see more photos of each individual shade.




















L'Oreal Infallible 24HR Eye Shadow
Shade: #998 Sultry Smoke
Shade Description: A medium putty charcoal gray; matte.


















L'Oreal Infallible 24HR Eye Shadow
Shade: #888 Iced Latte
Shade Description: A shimmering light golden champagne.


















L'Oreal Infallible 24HR Eye Shadow
Shade: #889 Midnight Blue
Shade Description: A shimmering vivid smokey navy blue.

















L'Oreal Infallible 24HR Eye Shadow PRO's & CON's:
PRO's: Great shades to choose from; great pigmentation; goes on nice; unique texture
CON's: I think they are priced a dollar or so too high, especially with Maybelline's Color Tattoo 24HR Eyeshadows available for about $6 a piece and you get slightly more product.

Basic Stats for L'Oreal Infallible 24HR Eye Shadow:
Formula: a unique texture that is soft, bouncy, yet has a creamy feel to it as it goes on nice and smooth
Wear: long wearing
Coverage: nicely pigmented; buildable
Shade Info: currently available in 12 shades
Cost/Availability: $7.50 to $10.00 depending where you shop (0.12 oz full size). Available at Target, Wal-Mart, CVS, etc. Basically anywhere L'Oreal cosmetics are sold.
Packaging: square jar with round twist-off lid; has protective circular insert that you will replace after each use
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!


Formula:
These shadows are fantastic! The texture is very unique and they glide on with ease and blend easily too. Waterproof, fade and crease resistant, these shadows aren't going anywhere once they set!

Wear:
Very long wearing.  With "24HR" in the product name, they aren't just assuming; it's true. They will last all day, and then some!  

Coverage:
Great pigmentation; buildable.

Shade Info:
Currently available in 12 shades. I would love to own them all because they are really beautiful shades.

Cost/Availability:
$7.50 to $10.00 depending where you shop (0.12 oz full size). Available at Target, Wal-Mart, CVS, etc. Basically anywhere L'Oreal cosmetics are sold.


Packaging:
Square jar with round twist-off lid. There is a protective circular insert, which you'll want to replace after each use. I assume this circular insert has double-duty; to help the product from drying out and to press the shadows back down.

L'Oreal Infallible 24HR Eye Shadow Review:
I originally assumed these were cream shadows, but was surprised to find the texture very different from what I assumed it would be. The texture is soft, bouncy and smooth. As L'Oreal describes it, it's the best of a powder and cream. I would agree with that!

The color payoff is really nice. Sultry Smoke was the one shade that originally stood out to me, because I love grays, but I ended up lusted after Iced Latte and Midnight Blue as well. You can use these shadows on their own, with others, or even as a smokey liner.

I've seen other shades offered in different countries, including a silver gray toned one, and I'd love to see more shades come to the United States!

Overall, yes, I would recommend these shadows!!


Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these shadows? What shade is your favorite? Have you tried these? If so, what do you think of the texture? Discuss in the comments below.

10 comments:

  1. I have the Midnight Blue one and it's just stunning! I picked it up after complimenting my friend on her eye makeup and that's what she was wearing. I went right out and picked it up - luckily Wags had a coupon for L'Oreal at the time so I was able to get a nice discount on it.

    After seeing your swatches, I might have to pick up Sultry Smoke too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love midnight blue..perfect for smokey eyes...sadly this range has not been launched in India!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iced latte is so pretty its too bad about the price tho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That sultry smoke is such a gorgeous color! Now I'm going to have to go and buy more makeup haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been eyeing (lol) these ever since I heard about them a couple months back, have you tried the Maybelline eye tattoos? If so how comparable are they?

    Thanks,
    xoxo,
    Genie

    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just picked Iced Latte up today! If you go to Walmart they are six bucks and some change, and right now, there is a coupon available on L'oreal's website for a $1 off coupon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have midnight blue and it's a best eyeshadow i have :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Genie: Yes, I talked about the Maybelline 24HR Color Tattoo shadows in this blog post and linked to them as well. Here is a link to the Maybelline 24HR Color Tattoo shadows that I swatched and reviewed: http://xoxovalentinekissesxoxo.blogspot.com/2012/01/maybelline-color-tattoo-24hr-eyeshadow.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've noticed that there are different shades of these available in different countries like Canada, India, I believe. And they are so pretty. They have a shimmery pink, a red, a blackened red and a really pretty vibrant grass green! Does anyone know if these colors will be available in the states? I would love to get my hands on them. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)