January 5, 2012

L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm in shades Rose Elixir, Caring Coral, Heavenly Berry -- swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I couldn't wait to try out the new L'Oreal Colour Riche Balms! Not so surprisingly, they are all very sheer in color. In fact, there is very little difference on my lips between the three shades I purchased. In person, however, the difference is slightly more noticeable but only slightly.
My Tip: Don't be afraid to buy brighter/darker tones; these balms will show up very sheer.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review...


L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm
Shades: #218 Rose Elixir, #418 Caring Coral, #318 Heavenly Berry
Continue scrolling down to see more photos of each individual shade.





  





L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm
Shade: #218 Rose Elixir
Shade Description: A sheer warm pink rose; no shimmer.
 










L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm

Shade: #418 Caring Coral
Shade Description: A sheer peachy coral; no shimmer.
 










L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm

Shade: #318 Heavenly Berry
Shade Description: A sheer deep raspberry rose; no shimmer.
 














L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm PRO's & CON's:
PRO's: hydrating, pretty shades, affordable
CON's: many shades are similar on the lips


Basic stats for L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm:
Formula: stick balm
Coverage: sheer
Wear: average
Shade Info: currently available in 8 shades
Cost/Availability: $6.00 to $8.00 depending where you shop (I believe they are 0.1 oz full size). Available at Target, Wal-Mart, CVS, etc. Basically anywhere L'Oreal cosmetic products are sold.
Packaging: square tube, translucent color-coordinated pull-off cap; twist-up balm
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
These lip balms are nicely hydrating and feel super comfortable on my lips. They glide on like butter!

Coverage:
Sheer coverage; you'll get a tint of color but how that color reads on you will depend on your lip and skin tone.

Wear:
Average wear for me. They are supposed to give your lips 8 hours of continuous hydration, but I didn't feel that was necessarily true. They do last awhile though, but not 8 hours for me.

Shade Info:
Currently available in 8 shades. Knowing how sheer they are I probably won't buy any additional shades at this time, except possibly Tender Mauve. Out of the three shades I own my favorite is Rose Elixir; it's the most natural on me. But really, all shades are very wearable. They almost adapt to your lip tone and skin tone.

Cost/Availability:
$6.00 to $8.00 depending where you shop (I believe they are 0.1 oz full size). Available at Target, Wal-Mart, CVS, etc. Basically anywhere L'Oreal cosmetic products are sold.

Packaging:
Square tube with a translucent, color-coordinated pull-off cap. Twist-up balm. The lid 'locks' in place.

L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm Review:
I was so excited to try these out. They are wonderful but not the best tinted lip balm out there. Even though the L'Oreal Colour Riche Balms are cheaper, I still would rather invest my money into another YSL Volupte Sheer Candy Glossy Balm Crystal Color; which lasts longer and feels way more hydrating (especially long term). Still, at around $6 to $7 a pop they are a really affordable alternative. 

I like these, but I'm not going super crazy over them. I started using Rose Elixir before I had the chance to photograph them because I was too impatient and excited. Rose Elixir has been in my purse ever since.

The only reason I'm not rating these a 5 out of 5 kisses is because with 8 shades I was hoping for more color variety. What I mean by that is not shade choices, but to see a bigger difference is color between shades. They are very sheer, so there is little different between the three I purchased. Because of how sheer they are, these balms will show up differently on everyone depending on your lip tone mostly. For those with less pigmentation in your lips you may see a bigger difference in color, but for those with more pigmentation in your lips you may not see much difference at all. For me, there is just enough difference between the three shades I purchased that I'm happy to own all three.

Regardless, I would still recommend these because they're affordable and hydrating. The packaging is really pretty/cute too, but that's not a reason to buy a product (it's just a bonus when the product itself is also great).


Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these lip balms? What shade is your favorite? Have you tried these? Discuss in the comments below.



5 comments:

  1. I was wondering about this, I was wondering if they were like the Revlon lip butters but doesn't really seem like it. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so sheer! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking that the light pretty pink shade you took pictures of. I saw it in walmart and almost picked it up. Thank god I didn't!! I think I'm going to try the baby lips instead. It's great that you like it and it's moisturizing, but I'm looking with something that gives more color!

    Hey could you vote for me to be the next Rimmel 10. I'm Megan M.
    https://www.facebook.com/RimmelLondonUS?sk=app_131953440244471 

    ReplyDelete
  4. very detailed descriptions..pics...like that!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)