January 19, 2012

Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser -- pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

Boscia's newest cleanser is their Detoxifying Black Cleanser. After reading the description on Sephora's website I caved and purchased it. The warming sensation intrigued me the most. I already own the Boscia Luminizing Black Mask, so I was curious to see how their black cleanser would work. At the time I purchased this cleanser there were only two reviews on Sephora's website, and both where 5-star. Shortly after trying it out I also added my own 5-star review! I really like this cleanser and even though I don't use it exclusively, it's still a great cleanser to have in my skincare routine.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review...

Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser


  

 









Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser PRO's & CON's:
PRO's: warming effect, does a great job cleaning face
CON's: a little pricey for the amount you receive

Basic Stats for Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser:
Formula: liquid-gel
Cost/Availability: $28 (5 fl oz full size). Available on Sephora's website.
Packaging: pump-top bottle
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
This liquid gel cleanser has a nice warming effect. It will deeply clean and detoxify your skin. It heats up on contact with skin to effectively open and de-clog pores. It's not super foaming, but it does turn into a light, yet effective, lather to dissolve oil and makeup, rinsing away pore-clogging surface debris, impurities and excess oil. It refines skin texture, brightens skin clarity, and minimizes the look of pores over time (which I have yet to see, but I haven't been using this all that long).

Cost/Availability:
$28 (5 fl oz full size). Available on Sephora's website.

Packaging:
Pump-top bottle.

Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser Review:
The warming sensation is the main factor that made me want to purchase this cleanser. I really love it! It doesn't stay warm the entire time, but it really feels great on your skin. Makes washing my face really enjoyable. Afterwards my face feels very clean without making my skin feel dry or tight.

The liquid gel formula is a little gloopy, but still runny enough to use with the Clarisonic. I use this with my Clarisonic but will first apply a pump or two with my hands to massage all over my face, working it into a light lather, then apply one pump to my Clarisonic and wash my face like normal. Doing it that way uses 2 to 3 pumps, but I don't use this every day so I'm okay using that much. You may not want to do it that way and you certainly don't need 3 pumps if you were to use this with just your hands. You may find you only need one pump, but I would recommend 2 pumps. I find that if you apply directly to the Clarisonic and then to your face it doesn't have the same warming effect as it does when using your hands, which is why I use my hands first because I like the warming effect.

Overall, yes, I do recommend this cleanser because it feels great and does a really effective job at cleaning my skin.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this cleanser? Do you own this, or want to try it out? Discuss in the comments below.

6 comments:

  1. Want to try this, but as you said, it's EXPENSIVE :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really wanna try it...even though it looks weird:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try this badly, but I still have a full bottle of their makeup breakup cleanser to try out first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really interesting, definitly something to try out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently purchased this at sephora and its amazing! Ladies i recommend it!! Im 26 years old and i want to start taking care of my skin. Previoiusly i was using neutrogena and it would irritate my skin and leave it feeling tight. This wash us warm upon contact but it leave your face sooooo clean and smooth. I absolutely love it!!! I use it along w lancome visionnaire and im seeing results within 3 days. Ladies its an investment for your future face!!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)