January 16, 2012

NOTD: Metallic Wood Grain

Hello, Beautiful!

Today's NOTD (Nail Of The Day) was a simple and easy look, using Color Club polishes and a MASH stamping plate. It didn't turn out as good as I wanted it to because I was rushing (mistakes are really noticeable on my ring finger), but I still liked it enough to share with you all. I plan to re-do this same NOTD in the future, using the same color combo and even different color combos (I plan to play around with using a matte and metallic finish to really make the pattern pop). The brown color combo, at least to me, makes the pattern look more like wood grain instead of zebra or tiger print; my husband insists this is tiger print, I see wood grain. What do you see?


To re-create this NOTD:

  • 1 coat of Zoya's Anchor base coat
  • 1 coat of Color Club polish in Antiqued
  • MASH stamping plate "Mash-12" with Color Club polish in Nothing But Truffle
  • 1 coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat



[Shown Above: Color Club polish in Antiqued (on left). Color Club polish in Nothing But Truffle (on right).]

[I used the image shown in the photo above: top row, center.]









18 comments:

  1. I see wood grain but I don't see any mistakes : ) I really like this combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a different colour combination I might see animal print, but this- this is most definitely wood. And I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love it; looks so pretty ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so great & interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silly husband! Definitely wood grain! Could also be marbled stone but as an animal print lover--it's not tiger stripes ;)

    Hope you're recouperating well! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great NOTD !! i totally loved it!! The pattern is more like tiger skin but the color combo you used make sit look more wood grain :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!!! I have to get back into nail stamps :) xx

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)