August 26, 2013

Sensai The Lipstick in 01 Suou - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

When a lipstick comes in a dust bag, you know it's a luxury product. Sensai's The Lipstick is a luxury lipstick without any hesitation of the word - and yes, the price - $55 a tube - does reflect that as well. This lipstick formula, however, is hands down one of the most amazing lipstick formulas to ever touch my lips! I may not be much of a red lip type of gal, but this lipstick may be converting me to the red lip side. Check out my full review, including all the product info, after the pics!

Sensai - The Lipstick
Shade: 01 Suou

 





 







Sensai The Lipstick Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $55.00 (0.11 oz full size). Available on the Sensai website, at Neiman Marcus, and everywhere else Sensai products are sold. Click here to find a retailer near you.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

Sensai's The Lipstick spreads with satin-smooth ease, depositing creamy, lasting color with a high-gloss finish. In Sensai's deluxe anti-aging lip color, The Lipstick, Golden Phyto Extract improves microcirculation and helps to deeply hydrate lips while gold particles veiled in silk powder ensure a rich, brilliant sheen.

It's meltingly soft formulation includes ingredients typically reserved for Kanebo Sensai's most sophisticated skincare items and helps achieve lips that are firmer, more moist and more plump. These unprecedented benefits raise The Lipstick to the distinguished ranks of anti-aging treatments.

I'll admit, $55 for a single tube of a lipstick is a splurge - even for a beauty-product-junkie like myself, but sometimes luxury items can be a special treat. This is one of those cases. It comes in its own little lipstick dust bag, which is cute but honestly not something I would ever re-use. I do keep those kind of things in a box though, why I don't know, but I like to keep them.

This lipstick formula is pure luxury. It is honestly one of the most, if not the most, amazing lipstick formulas to ever touch my lips. It is so creamy smooth and soft, and melts right into your lips. It feels comfortable, gives them a pretty sheen, and is fairly long lasting. The color pigmentation is incredible and the way it makes your lips looks is pure perfection.

The shade I have, 01 Suou, is that perfect, classic red. I'm not much of a red lip type of gal, but this lipstick seriously made me want to convert to the red lip side. After I put it on I stared at myself for a good 5 minutes, realizing I loved the way this lipstick looked. If I were to have one red lipstick in my collection, this would be it.

I'd like to try other shades in the future. There are currently 15 shades to choose from. I'd like to try 05, 18, and possibly 21 too. If I ever splurge and get any of those shades I will for sure do another post because this is a really amazing lipstick formula.

If you want to treat yourself to a little lipstick luxury, then I highly recommend the Sensai The Lipstick!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this lipstick? Would you pay $55 for a lipstick? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

3 comments:

  1. This is the first I've heard of this lipstick, but your description makes it sound like pure luxury! :D I'd love to see your review on the other shades, if you do get them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. kanebo has lipsticks? i am in shock. have to try it :)

    blog she.is.the.one

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)