August 23, 2013

Hairdo by HairUWear Clip-In Bang & French Braid Band - pics, before & after, reviews

Hello, Beautiful!

Earlier this month I posted a blog post giving three tips if you're trying to grow out your bangs. I said I would be doing a review on the Clip-In Bangs and the French Braid Band, so here is my review post on them!

I will say right now that I am NOT someone who should ever have bangs. I have a small shaped head for an adult (hats are always too big, sunglasses never look right, etc.) and my forehead is just not long enough to pull off bangs. I warn you now that I will look like a dirty rocker or like Moe from the three stooges in my "after" pics wearing the Clip-In Bangs, lol. It probably doesn't help that I really didn't have makeup on either. I am thankful to have products like the Hairdo by HairUWear Clip-In Bangs that allow me to experiment without the commitment, because let me tell you, if I had actually gone and gotten bangs I would be hating myself for that decision!

To see those oh-so-pretty (heavy sarcasm) photos, along with my photos of the French Braid Band - which I actually liked - keep scrolling down!


Hairdo by HairUWear Clip-In Bang
Shade: Chocolate Copper










Hairdo by HairUWear Clip-In Bang Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $29.00. Available at Ulta, at Wigs.com, and everywhere else Hairdo by HairUWear is sold.
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Kisses

This 5" long blunt but bang with 9.5" face framing sides gives any woman bangs without the commitment of cutting her hair! Available in 11 salon inspired colors.

Wow, okay.... so like I mentioned at the start of this post, I am NOT the right person for bangs. I just don't have the head shape for them to properly pull them off. I think I looked like someone who hasn't washed or done their hair in years! I just don't look right with bangs. Try as I might, even trying to put my hair up in a ponytail, bangs are just not a style for me - and I'm okay with that, because these are no-commitment bangs. Easy snap-in and snap out.

I may try to still work with these... I may do a little snip-snip and cut them down because they are very long and start pretty far back on my head that it looks really bizarre on me. I will still try to get these to look good but I just pretty much come to accept what I've always thought; I can't have bangs! I had bangs in elementary school and never since, other than long, side swept bangs!

There are two longer pieces on each side of the bangs, which is a cute idea to help blend in with your regular hair, but I do find that it mixes in with the regular bangs easily and makes them a bit annoying to deal with -- although that could just be because I don't have bangs and aren't used to pieces like that. The actual bangs aren't as full as I had hoped, so it looks really piecey on me and I think that also contributes to the weird look; they certainly don't look as full as they do on the model shown on the package/website.

I do want to mention that I tried these out on two other friends, and they have "normal" sized adult heads, lol, and these bangs looked amazing on one of them and just okay on the other. So they are a great tool to quickly and easily change up your look - but if you have a tiny head, like myself, or a tiny forehead, you may want to skip this piece.

Either way, it's a great no-commitment way to try a new hair style. You may love the way you look in bangs but hate the grow-out stage, so you could keep them grown out and just go with this no-commitment piece.

I did rate these a 3.5 out of 5 Kisses because even though they didn't personally work for me (and oh how badly they didn't work for me), I do think they will look great on many people. They may be a little long, so don't be afraid to have your hair stylist trim them down (don't attempt to do it yourself unless you know what you're doing).




Hairdo by HairUWear French Braid Band
Shade: Chocolate Copper










Hairdo by HairUWear French Braid Band Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $10.00. Available at Ulta, at Wigs.com, and everywhere else Hairdo by HairUWear is sold. 
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

An attach-in-an-instant braided headband that provides a fabulous hair fashion accent. Available in 6 salon inspired colors.

I really like this cute braided band. It couldn't be easier to use; you wear it just like you would a headband. It has an adjustable strap, just like a bra. I do have a tiny head, so I had to tighten this down to the tightest setting (and it was still slightly loose). If I have my hair back in a ponytail I do need to secure this with a bobby pin, just to keep it in place (just remember I have a tiny head; you may not need to). When I wear my hair down I don't bobby pin it in place because it stays pretty well - but of course if you feel you need to use a bobby pin or two, go for it.

For just $10 I'd recommend picking this up because it's an easy way to add a flirty touch to your hair!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these hair pieces? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)