August 13, 2013

Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipsticks - 2 matte shades, 2 regular shades - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

If you haven't already seen the Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks (regular and matte versions) then you're in luck because I have four shades to share with you in this post - although I'm sure you've at least heard of these lipsticks, if not seen them at the drugstore. I have two from the matte line (#102 and #107) and two from the regular line (#17 and #09). They are near identical shades - it's just a matter of do you want a more matte lip or not. Check out my full review, including all the product info, after the pics!

Rimmel - Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks
Shades: Matte #102, Matte #107, Regular #17, Regular #09
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.
 







Rimmel - Kate Moss
Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick
Shades: #102, #107
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.






Rimmel - Kate Moss
Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick
Shade: #102
 






Rimmel - Kate Moss
Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick
Shade: #107
 








Rimmel - Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks
Shades: #17, #09
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.






Rimmel - Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks
Shades: #17
 






Rimmel - Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks
Shades: #09
 




Rimmel - Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks - Matte & Regular Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: About $4.99 to $5.50 depending where you shop (0.14 oz full size). Available at Walmart, Target, Ulta, and drugstores nationwide. 
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

The 1st lipstick collection created by Kate Moss. High intensity color for up to 8 hours. The original Lasting Finish Kate Moss lipsticks formula is infused with black diamonds so it reflects light like never before. Captures all the flair, edge and timelessness of Kate's unique look.

The Matte Lasting Finish Kate Moss lipstick formula is ruby powder enriched for intense velvet color all day!

Both lipsticks seem to have a similar feel on the lips. The matte version is only slightly more matte and I wouldn't even really say it's very matte on the lips. If you look at them compared to the original, they look like they have a similar finish. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I don't see much difference. In person the matte lipsticks are maybe slightly more matte than how they show up in photos.

The colors I have are pretty, wearable shades. I know shade #17 is a popular "your lips but better" shade - but I think for me it's a little too cool toned. I think I like the matte shades better, but I like them both. What do you think?

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these lipsticks? Have you tried them or would you like to? What shade is your favorite? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. I love this line of lipstick. Lasting finish 04 (a glossy dark purple lipstick that almost looks black) is one of my favorite non-work shades. The best part is it doesn't stain my lips. I really noticed a texture difference when I bought the matte finish 107 (sort of a dark brick red color). I was not a fan at first (especially since I bought matte finish by mistake) but I've since really come to like it. The matte finish takes much longer to sear off, and it seems to stay distributed more evenly (not migrating to the edges of my lips) like more glossy colors sometimes do. It's a perfect color for work, and the fact that I don't have to worry about the lipstick's wear and tear is a bonus. Popping out a compact to check out my lipstick and touch it up during the day can be pretty annoying after a while. I hope Rimmel keeps this line going for a good while.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)