August 24, 2013

LAQA & CO. Lil' Lip Duo in Lambchop & Pinkman - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I really like the LAQA & CO. Nail Polishes - which I've reviewed for you here. I've tried their Nail Polish Pen and their Nail Polish Remover Pads too; but I had never tried their lip products - until just recently when I tried their Lil' Lip Duo. I know some of you may have received one of these in your Birchbox. This duo contains two of their Fat Lip Pencils, just mini sized. Includes the shades Lambchop - which is their perfect pink staple - and Pinkman - a fuchsia. For $16 this is a great way to try out their Fat Lip Pencils in two great, vibrant, fun pink shades (they're $18 each for the full size Fat Lip Pencils). Check out my full review, including all the product info, after the pics!

LAQA & CO. Lil' Lip Duo
Shades: Lambchop, Pinkman
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.











LAQA & CO. Lil' Lip Duo Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $16.00 (0.07 oz each lip pencil). Available on the LAQA & CO. website and at Birchbox.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

This Lil' Lip Kit is not one, but two, travel-friendly mini lip pencils... that need no sharpener!

Each contains smooth shea butter that coats lips in stunning, glossy color and will easily replace your old lip gloss. The duo includes the shade Lampchop and Pinkman.

Packing artwork created by Ali Culec.

I'm not 100% certain as to which shade is which, but I think Lampchop is the lighter, bright pink where as Pinkman is the fuchsia. The only way I came up with that is because on the LAQA & CO. website it says Lambchop is their perfect pink staple shade. I went to check out their full size Fat Lip Pencils and Lambchop is one of the shades, but not Pinkman. So I could be wrong and have them mixed up, but I'm almost certain they are the shades I mention.

Assuming I'm correct with the shade names, Lambchop is a very bright bubble gum pink. It's more cool toned, so for me it stands out as very Barbie, bubble-gum and it's not the most flattering with my skintone - however, I do love the shade itself. I think it's a gorgeous color that would look fun on a lot of people.

The shade Pinkman is more of a vibrant fuchsia - definitely the one I prefer out of the two shades. It's still a very in-your-face shade, but for me, it's more flattering than Lambchop.

The formula of these is okay. They are very pigmented, but the Lambchop shade didn't apply as evenly as the Pinkman shade. You do need to have chap-free lips to wear the Lambchop shade or it really shows every little chap area and looks bad - but that's pretty true with any vibrant, lighter shade of lip product. They are staining too, so keep that in mind in case you're the type of person who likes to change up their lip color throughout the day. Because they are staining the color does stick around for a good length of time. I don't think they're very glossy, but there is a sheen. They remind me more of a lipstick-type of formula.

I did like these and would like to try other shades they offer, probably in the mini size as I don't really go through lip pencils like these as fast as I do other lip products. They don't have too many shades at the moment (there were 5 full size Fat Lip Pencils to choose from), but I do think Fairyblood looks pretty!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these lip pencils? Have you tried them or are either on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)