March 1, 2011

Tomorrow is my surgery!

Hello, Beautiful!

I can't believe I'm saying this already, but my surgery is TOMORROW! My surgery day seemed so far away when I first scheduled it and I thought it would take forever to get here; but here I am, rushing to finish everything on my pre-surgery checklist (like finish laundry, re-arrange my living room to accommodate my recovery, and pack a bag of toys for my son to play with in the hospital waiting room).

I'm going out for my "last meal" tonight to a local place that I love. I'm going to order the steak with a baked potato (sour cream, butter and A1 sauce on it), and salad (Italian dressing). It's going to be delicious! I won't be able to eat solid foods for a week or two, depending on my recovery process and comfort level. I still need to go shopping for soft foods.

In case you didn't already know, I'm keeping track of my surgery on this blog on a separate page - which you can check out by clicking here or clicking on the link that's on the left side (My Surgery Journey: Rhinoplasty & Chin Augmentation).

I will be updating that page daily or every other day... basically whenever I can get to the computer. I want to document every step of my recovery - from how much pain I'm in, to how I have to sleep, to what I have to eat, all follow up appointments, etc.

Wish me luck... I'm kind of getting nervous, but I'm also really excited!

And don't worry, I'm not going to stop posting swatches or reviews! I actually just finished up a swatch-a-thon (as I like to call it) so I have plenty of swatch photos to process and post! My hand and arm are red from all the swatching (mostly from removing each product); it even caused me to break out in a red rash. But that's to be expected when you do so many swatches in a short period of time.

I have plenty of swatches, reviews, tutorials and before & after posts coming to this blog soon. Just give me a few days to recover from my surgery before I begin posting swatches again.

Below is a (long) list of everything I swatched. Reviews will come with every product listed below, and some also include a before & after and/or a tutorial.
  • Mally Beauty High Shine Liquid Lipstick in shades Nude Light, Mally's Look, Super Natural, Blossom
  • Mally Beauty Blush in shades Plum Pretty, Mally's Glow
  • Mally Beauty Cancellation Concealer System in Light/Medium
  • Mally Beauty Poreless Perfection Skin Finisher
  • Mally Beauty Eye Shadow in shades Mally's Glow, Shimmer Taupe
  • Mally Beauty Eye Shadow Base
  • Mally Beauty Citychick Smokey Eye Kit in Plum Chelsea (3 shadows, 1 shadow base)
  • Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara (black)
  • Laura Geller Tinted Spackle in Champagne
  • Laura Geller The Real Deal Foundation SPF 15 in Medium
  • Laura Geller Baked Body Frosting All Over Body Glow in Sugar Glow
  • Urban Decay Naked Palette, which includes the following shadows: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal
  • Urban Decay Eye Shadows: swatches of shades Midnight Cowboy, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, Flipside, Grind, Oil Slick, Polyester Bride (plus all shades in the Urban Decay Naked Palette)
  • Essie The Cuticle Pen
  • Benefit Moon Beam
  • Benefit High Beam
  • NARS Orgasm Illuminator
  • NARS Multiple in Orgasm
  • NARS Essential Eye Palette, which includes the following shadows: Unconditional Love (cream), Night Star, Galapagos, Nepal, Ondine, Thunderball
  • NARS Blush in shades Deep Throat, Orgasm, Super Orgasm
  • NARS Lip Gloss in shades Chihuahua, Turkish Delight, Dolce Vita, Tempest, Striptease, Greek Holiday, Ophelia, Orgasm, Super Orgasm
  • Tarina Tarantino Pearl Glow Primer
  • Tarina Tarantino Eye Dream Hypershadow Eye Shadow in shades Cord, Facet, Chain
  • Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation SPF 15 in shade Warm Beige 3.5
  • Victoria's Secret Shimmer Lights Eye Kit (6 shadows, 1 highlighter, 1 gel liner)
  • Victoria's Secret Perfect Lipstick in the shade Instinct
  • it Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer with Collagen and Vitamins C & K in Neutral Medium
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eye Shadow in shades Elegant, Mysterious, Royal, Socialite, Seductive
  • Stila Collectible Travel Palette No. 1 - includes 4 shadows: Snow Bunny, Valley Girl, Southern Belle, City Chick - and 1 convertible color in Hibiscus
  • Stila Adventurous in Aspen Palette - includes 4 shadows: Snow Angel, Icicles, Glisten, Ajax - and 1 convertible color in Rosy
  • Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer in Luminous
  • Philosophy The Supernatural Airbrushed Color Correctors in Light
  • Philosophy The Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas in Sand

3 comments:

  1. Take Care!... and you will be in my thoughts during your surgery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jackie!! :)
    xoxo, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope everything goes well and wishing you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)