I picked up the NARS Essential Eye Palette in a NARS kit from Sephora, which is no longer available (but I've seen this palette retail for $55 at higher end department stores). The palette contains six eyeshadows, one of which is a cream shadow (Unconditional Love). This is a neutral palette of shadows, even the blue is a neutral navy to own. They are core shades that are great to have in any makeup wardrobe.
Here's what they look like in the palette:
The back of the palette:
All shades swatched:
- Unconditional Love: A peachy champagne shimmer. Use this shade alone, as a highlight, or as a base for the other shadows (which would intensify the other colors).
- Night Star: A sheer peach with golden pearl shimmer.
- Galapagos: A chocolate bronze with micro gold glitter.
- Nepal: A rosey peach shimmer.
- Ondine: A muddy plum with gold shimmer.
- Thunderball: A matte smoky midnight blue.
So what do I think?
I like this palette but I don't love it. I'm not huge into neutrals, but I really like the shades this palette contains. They're really pretty neutrals. My favorite is the cream shadow, Unconditional Love. My least favorite is probably Galapagos. The shade that looks better in person is Night Star, which really sparkles in person but looks matte in the swatch (it's not). Ondine is probably my second favorite shade because of its plum quality about it (I love purples for my brown eyes).
Over all I would recommend this palette, I just don't know where you can find it. Your best bet is a higher end department store, like Neiman Marcus
Have questions about this eyeshadow palette? Just leave a comment on this blog post or send an email (firstname.lastname@example.org). I'll try and answer all questions asked.