Another post for my Week of Make Up For Ever! In this post I'm going to talk about their HD Microperfecting Primer!
This is a great primer! I own the color-less shade and it's one of my favorite primers to use because it works really well.
I apply this primer after my moisturizer (I allow my moisturizer to set for 5 minutes first), then allow my primer to set for 5 minutes before applying any makeup. My makeup will go on smoother, look better, and last longer. This primer also feels good on my skin; it doesn't feel tight, greasy or heavy. I love this primer!
Onto some swatches...
Shade 0 - Neutral (color-less)
Shade Description: A color-less primer (although white until blended in) that adds natural luminosity to your complexion.
Basic stats for Make Up For Ever's HD Microperfecting Primer:
Wear: long-wearing; helps makeup last longer
Shade Range: 7 shades; including color-less and other tinted shades to help correct (explained in greater detail below)
Container Type: The full sized version (which I do not own yet) comes with a pump top. The travel sized version that I own is a squeeze tube with twist-off cap.
Cost: $32 for 1.01 oz size, or $15 for the travel size (only available in the color-less option)
Availability: Found only at Sephora and Sephora.com
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses!
A lightweight, oil-free liquid primer. Deeply nourishes, moisturizes and softens skin, creating a protective layer to lock in your moisturizer and prep the surface for makeup application. Your makeup will go on smoothly and last longer.
No coverage from a primer, although it will help out your complexion in minor ways depending on which shade you choose.
Long wearing; designed to make your makeup last longer.
Available on Sephora.com in 7 shades:
- 0 Neutral - adds natural luminosity to your complexion
- 1 Green - minimizes redness (some people report their skin having a green tint to it after applying this; which is rather normal when using a green color correcting product. Your foundation should cover any green tint)
- 2 Mauve - counteracts sallow undertones
- 4 Caramel - combats ashiness in medium to dark skin tones/warms golden tones
- 5 Blue - adds radiance to fair skin/reduces minor imperfections
- 6 Yellow - lightens dark complexions
- 7 Pink - brightens the complexion/counteracts sallow undertones
The full sized version comes in a nice pump-top bottle. The travel sized is a squeeze tube, which is easy to use.
Most primers are pricey and this one is no different at $32. A little goes a long way and a full sized bottle will last a very long time. However, if you're unsure if you'll like it go for the travel sized version, which is less than half the price of the full sized version. A travel sized version will still last you a long time.