May 18, 2011

I Wear Pink on Wednesdays: Wet n Wild Wave of Enchantment

Hello, Beautiful!

I recently decided to join the group of ladies who "wear pink on Wednesdays" (as seen in the photo on the left side of my blog). You can join in too; just click on that photo and sign up!

I know it's late on Wednesday that I'm posting this, but I've been such a nervous wreck all day thinking about my nerve conduction study tomorrow that I haven't been focusing on much today.


I haven't worn pink on my nails in a long time, yet pink is my favorite color and used to be all I would wear on my nails! Lately I've just been in a blue and holographic mood and skipped over pinks whenever deciding on a color. However, there was a new pink from Wet n Wild that I had to try out and today was the perfect day to wear it!


It's one from the new Wet n Wild Fastdry Limited Edition Mermaid's Cove Summer 2011 Collection. The shade name: Wave of Enchantment. I actually have all the shades from the Mermaid's Cove collection and will post swatches of them within the next day or two.


Since my nails are horribly stained yellow (and I can't remember the polish that stained them, but if I did I would probably throw it out), I decided to put down white polish first so the shade color wouldn't alter in any way; this shade is slightly sheer. The color itself is one that reminds me of the beautiful gold flecked polishes Zoya makes; in fact, it looks exactly like a pink version of Zoya's Faye; same gold flecked shimmer. Better swatches of this shade will be posted in the next day or two, along with the rest of the shades from the Wet n Wild Mermaid's Cove Collection.



1 coat of Essie's First Base base coat
2 coats of China Glaze - White On White
2 coats of Wet n Wild - Waves of Enchantment
1 coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Photos taken under studio lighting.

The studio lighting does not show off the beautiful gold shimmer. In person this polish looks so pretty; tons of gold flecked shimmer that just won't show up with the powerful studio lights. This polish is definitely the winner of the new collection and I would highly suggest you go buy it; it's just too pretty to not have it in your collection, especially for just $2!


Sorry for the dry cuticles! I didn't moisturize after using acetone polish remover.



So go ahead and join me by wearing pink on Wednesdays! I personally can't wait to come up with fun pink mani's on Wednesdays. I am going to play with layering and some stamping for upcoming Wednesdays. Yay!

Alright, time to sit down on the couch and watch a movie with my husband. Then I will continue to freak out about my nerve conduction study, which is tomorrow. Ugh... sooo wishing I could skip it, but I know it could show what's wrong with me (at least what's wrong with my leg; the rest of me is another story, hehe).

Have a great Wednesday everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)