May 2, 2011

NOTD: Cole Bros. Circus Nails!

Hello, Beautiful!

I'm still on my stay-cation, seeing as how my entire weekend was dedicated to my husband's birthday, going to the circus, and anything but cleaning. But I wanted to make a quick post showing my Cole Bros. Circus Nails!

Yesterday we went to the Cole Brother's Circus, a small circus that travels the country. I actually really enjoyed the circus... especially the clowns. Usually I can't stand the clowns at the circus but these clowns were actually really funny and entertaining. I feel bad though, one of the trapeze performers was injured! She missed grabbing the other guys' hands (just barely) and fell, but when she landed she landed on her head/neck first. She didn't move for a good minute or two; it was really scary but thankfully she got back up! Hopefully she is okay.

In prep for the circus, because it would give me an excuse to do my nails, I did circus nails inspired by the Cole Brother's Circus. Each nail was dedicated to a different part of the circus, which I will explain below. In total it took about an hour to do my nails start to finish.

Cole Bros. Circus Nails:


Polishes and nail art supplies to create this look:



Pinky Finger: Ring Master's Coat
A white nail with gold glitter. This is a combo of two outfits the Ring Master wears. The first half of the show he wears a red coat with gold glitter vest, while the second half he wears a white coat with an american flag glitter vest. I had no idea ahead of time this is what he would wear, but it ended up working out perfectly as a combo of both outfits!

Polishes Used: China Glaze - White On White, Milani Jewel FX - Gold, Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat


Ring Finger: Tigers
A shimmering orange nail, which has gold shimmer, with black tiger stripes to represent the tiger act.

Polishes Used: Sinful Colors - Cloud 9, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Night Flight, Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Nail Art Supplies: MASH nail art stamping plate m57, stamper, scraper



Middle Finger: The Big Top!
Cole Brother's Circus has a red and yellow striped tent. I originally made the stripes vertical, but it looked too much like the McDonald's logo so I switched them to go diagonally.

Polishes Used: Essie - Lolipop, China Glaze - Solar Power, Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Nail Art Supplies: dotting tool, small paint brush



Index Finger: Clowns
This finger was inspired by one of the clown outfits I saw online. It was blue with dots of colors and I knew it would be an easy nail to create.

Polishes Used: Essie - Mezmerised, China Glaze - White On White, Milani One Coat Glitter - Red Sparkle, China Glaze - Solar Power, Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Nail Art Supplies: dotting tool, gold rhinestones, green rhinestones



Thumb: Elephants
Elephants are a big part of the Cole Brother's Circus, so of course I had to add them to my circus nails! I decided to do the elephant design using a shade called Elephunk and stamped blue stars across it. Not the most creative nail, but still has its purpose.

Polishes Used: Funky Fingers - Elephunk, Essie - Mezmerised, Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Nail Art Supplies: MASH nail stamping plate m44, stamper, scraper




1 comment:

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)