October 27, 2013

Beauty Box Five - October 2013 - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

It's been about a year since my last post on Beauty Box Five, so it's about time I bring it to you again! This month the box is really good! There were three full sized products in this box, and the other two products were really good sizes! Check out everything in my box below!

If you're interested in signing up for Beauty Box Five, click here to visit their website. It's $12 a month or you can buy 3 months for $30 (saving $6), or buy a whole year for $99 (saving $45!).

Beauty Box Five - October 2013




Shipment Quick Stats:
  • Value of this month's shipment: $52.65 (value is approximate)
  • Total # of items I received: 5
  • # of makeup items: 3
  • # of nail items: 0
  • # of skincare items: 0
  • # of body care items: 2
  • # of hair care items: 0
  • # of fragrance items: 0
  • # of other items: 0


Now I'll break it down, product-by-product...

Tree Hut Shea Sugar Body Scrub
in Coconut Lime
  • MY THOUGHTS: This is a great size sample, at 5.5 oz! This "travel size" sells at Ulta for $4.99. It smells really good - like a tropical vacation. And I love tropical scents, especially anything coconut, so this was a hit for me scent wise. The texture of this scrub is thicker and more goopy than some other scrubs I have, but it still feels like it will work nicely. Looking forward to trying this out.
  • FULL SIZED: 5.5 oz travel size @ $4.99 -- full size is $7.49 at 18 oz
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 5.5 oz
  • SAMPLE VALUE: $4.99






Aveeno Protect + Hydrate Lotion Sunscreen
  • MY THOUGHTS: I like Aveeno products, but right now at this time of year I'd rather not receive another sunscreen product. I have so many from the summer months from all my subscription boxes that I think I'm set for another year or two. The texture was just okay for me. There was no noticeable scent, so that was nice -- it didn't smell like sunscreen, which is always a plus. Not sure when I will use this but I will add it to my sunscreen drawer. 
  • FULL SIZED: 3 oz @ about $10.00 depending where you shop
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.5 oz
  • SAMPLE VALUE: $1.66
 




Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Lip Gloss
in Summer Lovin
  • MY THOUGHTS: This is a full sized lip gloss, which retails for $14.00 each on their own. I already own a few Be A Bombshell Cosmetics lip glosses, which I did a review on three of the shades. Click here to see my review. For this specific shade, I do like it - it's a sheer orange shimmer. 
  • FULL SIZED: 0.11 oz @ $14.00 
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: full size
  • SAMPLE VALUE: $14.00






Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Eyeshadow
in Bora Bora
  • MY THOUGHTS: This is another full sized product. I already own a few Be A Bombshell Cosmetics eyeshadows, and did a review on my blog on some of the shades (two more shades will be reviewed soon, probably with this one added). To see my original review on these shadows click here. The shade Bora Bora is gorgeous - way prettier in person than in the photo.
  • FULL SIZED: 0.05 oz @ $14.00 
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: full size
  • SAMPLE VALUE: $14.00






Model Co Eyeliner in Black
  • MY THOUGHTS: This is a full sized eyeliner and it has a built-in sharpener in the cap, which is always a nice plus. You can't go wrong with a black shade, but I wasn't a super fan of this pencil. It was just okay.
  • FULL SIZED: full size @ $18.00 
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: full size
  • SAMPLE VALUE: $18.00



Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this month's Beauty Box Five shipment? Do you subscribe to Beauty Box Five? If so, what are your thoughts? If not, is this a subscription service you'd like to try out? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)