October 19, 2013

Avon Ultra Color Lip Crayon in Fresh Fuchsia - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I really love lip crayons - as I love how easy they are to apply, the color selection, and a lot of them are super hydrating. I recently tried out the Avon Ultra Color Lip Crayon in the shade Fresh Fuchsia. The shade is beautiful - loved it - and it swatched really creamy on my hand. But did I like it on the lips? Read my full review below, including all the product info, after the pics!

Avon Ultra Color Lip Crayon
Shade: Fresh Fuchsia







Avon Ultra Color Lip Crayon Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $8.00 (0.98 oz full size). Available on the Avon website.
My Rating: 3 out of 5 Kisses

Reveal the perfect pout with a full sweep of shimmering high-shine color. Infused with Vitamin E and Shea Butter for rich, creamy lip color and liner in one. Designed for every skin tone. Shimmery high-shine finished. Retractable, self-sharpening tip, twist up for lip color.

Available in 10 shades.

I like the packaging to this product - it's your standard chubby lip crayon that twists up and is retractable. The color selection is nice - in fact, I really loved the shade Fresh Fuchsia; it's very pigmented. It also swatched really nice and creamy on my hand. It also had shimmer/glitter in it so I was really excited to get this on my lips, as I love shimmer and glitter..... however, when it came time to using this on my lips I wasn't as happy about it.

The formula went onto my lips okay, gliding on pretty good, but it felt drying almost instantly. You could remedy that issue by applying a lip balm over top, which is what I did (I also applied lip balm under this, but I normally do that with all lip products anyway).

I wouldn't mind the dryness so much, as lip balm under and over takes care of that issue, but the part I couldn't get past is the gritty feeling from the glitter/shimmer in this formula. You could feel it on your lips whenever you rub your lips together - like a gritty sand feeling. I was shocked because it swatched so nice and creamy on my hand and then felt gritty on my lips.

The color is super pretty though, and I can remedy the dry feeling with lip balm, so I think this is just okay but I think this lip crayon would do phenomenally if they just took out the glitter/shimmer. I am tempted to try other colors, just because of how much I loved this color. Other shades I'd be interested in are Showstopper Pink, Risque Rose and Mauve Model.

Not really sure I'd recommend this, as there are other lip crayons out there that feel much more hydrating on the lips - such as the Tarte LipSurgence pencils, or the super affordable Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stains. But if you don't mind topping this off with a lip balm to feel a bit more hydrated, and you can get past the slightly gritty feeling on your lips, then you may like these lip crayons. I know on Avon's website it seems people either love these or hate these, so I guess to each their own and it's best to try it out for yourself.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this lip crayon? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)