This is my May 2013 Wantable.co Beauty Box. Last month's box had a higher value - at around $104, where as this month is almost $90 - but it also included a free bonus item. My thoughts on this month box are 50/50; half of the products I really liked (brow powder, nail polish, lip gloss), and the other half I didn't really care for (self tanner, blush brush, eyeshadow) - but that's part of a subscription service, so I just look forward to June's box!
I actually was sent and charged for two boxes this month because I had re-did the quiz and updated my billing info. When I re-did the quiz it added another subscription on, so please be careful with that. Since it's free return shipping, I'll get a full refund for the other box and if it happens again, they said they'll fix it right away. They have really good customer service!
If you want to sign up to receive a Wantable.co Beauty Box or Jewelry Box (monthly or one-time purchase) just click here or follow the link below (it's my referral link).
Sign-up link: https://www.wantable.com/invite/wpHSNqQgXOs
It's $36 a month with free shipping both ways, or you can purchase a one-time only box for $40 in case you're not sure you want to fully commit. They have a happiness guarantee - so if for any reason you're not happy you can send it back for a full refund; they even include a pre-paid return label! Plus skip a shipment or cancel anytime. It really is hassle-free and worry-free, so why not try it out for a month or two (I always give subscription services three months before I decide to stay or go). And they have a nice customization survey where you'll Love, Like, Or Dislike products. What's best about that is you'll never receive something you say you Dislike and you're more likely to receive products you say you Love!
Check out what I got in my May 2013 Wantable.co Beauty Box....
Wantable.co Beauty Box - May 2013
- Value of this month's Wantable.co shipment: $89.25 (value is approximate)
- Total # of Items Received: 6
- # of eye makeup: 2
- # of lip makeup: 1
- # of face makeup: 0
- # of cheek/bronzer/highlighter makeup: 0
- # of nail items: 1
- # of body items: 1
- # of makeup tools: 1
Now I'll break it down, product-by-product...
Manna Kadar Glossware in Hot Lips
- MY THOUGHTS: First, I want to say I really loved this lip gloss -- the color is beautiful and the formula is nice and glossy. However, Manna Kadar produces cosmetics that look exactly like the brand of cosmetics a friend/makeup artist of mine produces as well- exact same packaging/name on it, exact boxes it comes in, just different brand names printed on the product. If you want to compare this tube of lipgloss to the Tona Michele one, click here. That makes me think Manna Kadar - among other brands - isn't a super unique brand, as it seems a lot of people are going through the same manufacture. So be careful because you can probably find the same product for less somewhere else. For example, my friend charges $16 for this gloss where as Manna Kadar charges $19. I think Hot Lips from Manna Kadar is the same as Burlesque from Tona Michele Cosmetics - but I'm not 100% sure.
- FULL SIZE VALUE: $19.00
Manna Kadar Bronze Beauty Tanning Lotion Sample
- MY THOUGHTS: I do like the scent of this tanning lotion, but I don't really think the color looks very natural on me. I may give it another try or I may give this away in an upcoming giveaway or to a friend to test out for me. Click the link below to see more pics of this product - include a swatch and how my skin looked before and immediately after application.
- FULL SIZE VALUE: $8.75 - no value listed on invoice, but I've received a sample of this before (a 2.7 oz sample) back in October 2012 - and when I first talked about this product the full size (4 oz) was $24 but now sells for $35. Making this sample value $8.75
Three Custom Color Brow Powder #5
- MY THOUGHTS: I want to first mention that this product arrived in perfect condition, but I dropped it and it broke - boo! I love the formula and pigmentation of this brow powder, but it has a bit too much red in it for me. Still, I like using it - I just use a more ashy brown in my inner corner. But this fills in brows quickly and nicely, with pretty good staying power for a powder brow product.
- FULL SIZE VALUE: $22.50
Rainbow Honey Nail Lacquer in Hoof Wrassle
- MY THOUGHTS: I've never heard of this brand, but loved the packaging (at first I thought it was from Hard Candy) and the color is super cute too. Can't wait to give this a try on my nails!
- FULL SIZE VALUE: $10.00
Cala Retractable Blush Brush
- MY THOUGHTS: I really did not like this brush. It wasn't very soft - even slightly scratchy - so after photographing it I put it right back in the packaging and will give it to a friend or include it in a future giveaway because someone may think it's great. I just have so many brushes already, so a brush really has to feel nice and work well to impress me. This just didn't do it. I do think it's a bit over priced for the quality --- ESPECIALLY compared to the Real Technique brushes! Skip this and go to Ulta to get yourself a Real Techniques brush for the same or less in price and you'll be getting a soft and very good brush!
- FULL SIZE VALUE: $10.00
FACE Stockholm Pearl Shadow #12 Dark Moss
- MY THOUGHTS: Another green eyeshadow; sigh; I wish I loved green eyeshadows but I just don't. However, I can appreciate every color and I do think the color itself is pretty. It's a nice olive army green with golden shimmer to it. The pigmentation was okay on its own; would be great over a primer. Not really sure the formula is worth $19, especially because it doesn't seem like you get a whole lot of product. This is probably something I wouldn't buy on its own.
- FULL SIZE VALUE: $19.00
Let me know what you think...
Did you receive a Wantable.co shipment this month? If so, what are your thoughts on your box? If you don't receive a Wantable.co beauty box yet, click here to sign up! Discuss in the comments below.