Today I took some time to update my nails, inspired by a new H&M polish set I picked up this past week. The polish set included 5 shades, all great for fall. I used three of them in today's NOTD. I call it my "Fall Watercolor Feathers" because I think the design looks kind of like watercolor paint and also kind of like feathers. I'm really not sure what to call it, but I like the design and I really love the colors. It seems lately I've been really inspired by fall shades (which to me are deeper, metallic and/or more jewel toned shades).
To re-create this NOTD:
- 1 coat of Nail-Aid 3 Minute Artificials (used as my base coat)
- 2 coats of China Glaze polish in White On White - applied just to the ring and thumb nail
- 2 coats of H&M polish in Purple - applied to all the rest of the fingernails (this Purple shade is different from a previous H&M polish, also labeled as Purple; this is a deeper, jewel toned purple)
- 1 coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat on all nails
- Use a striping brush to create the feather design. I put a drop of each H&M polish on an index card - shades: Purple, Petrol, Mustard - and applied the design starting with the teal shade (Petrol), and immediately adding the other colors until I was happy with the design (continue to add colors to your preference). Work on each feather design one nail at a time so the colors really blend together for a watercolor effect. Do the design on just the ring and thumb nails.
- 1 coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat on the ring and thumb nails