July 10, 2013

Carol's Daughter Chocolat Smoothing Sulfate-Free Shampoo & Smoothing Conditioner - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

In the past I've used the Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Shampoo & Conditioner - which I loved the smell of and I also really liked the way it worked. I recently tried out another line from Carol's Daughter for shampoo & conditioner: her Chocolat Smoothing Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Chocolat Smoothing Conditioner. This duo says it reduces frizz up to 70% and keeps hair smooth for 72 hours. Read my full review, and all the product info, after the pics!

Carol's Daughter
Chocolat Smoothing Sulfate-Free Shampoo & Smoothing Conditioner



  





  




Carol's Daughter Chocolat Smoothing Sulfate-Free Shampoo & Smoothing Conditioner Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $18.00 (8.5 oz size) and $20.00 for the conditioner (8.5 oz full size). Available on the Carol's Daughter website - also available in a duo for $34 on her website, at Sephora, at Ulta, at HSN, and everywhere else Carol's Daughter products are sold.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

Chocolat Smoothing Sulfate-Free Shampoo
Gently cleanses and helps rebuild hair's structure to be smooth for 72 hours with up to 70% less frizz (when the Chocolat Shampoo, Conditioner and Blow Dry Cream are used). Smoothes out frizzy and unruly hair while rebuilding hair strands for a long-lasting smooth look.

Cocoa extract helps smooth hair cuticles while adding moisture and improving condition. Vegetable protein works to help rebuild hair to be naturally more smooth and sleek. Coconut-derived cleansers are extra gentle and safe enough for even the most distressed hair types. Plus, NO parabens, petroleum, mineral oil, or artificial colors.


Chocolat Smoothing Conditioner
Deeply nourishes and rebuild hair's structure to be smooth for 72 hours with up to 70% less frizz (when the Chocolat Shampoo, Conditioner and Blow Dry Cream are used). Conditions hair to be frizz-free while adding extra moisture to each strand for long-lasting softness. Also protects against heat damage.

Cocoa extract helps smooth hair cuticles while adding moisture and improving condition. Vegetable protein works to help rebuild hair to be naturally more smooth and sleek. Moringa Seed Butter adds extra moisture to better subdue frizz and flyaways. Plus, NO parabens, petroleum, mineral oil, or artificial colors.


What I thought of these...
I really liked this shampoo and conditioner! I felt like it made my hair really, really soft and easy to manage. I was hoping it smelled more like chocolate, because I love chocolate scented anything, but it didn't really have a strong chocolate smell.

I did find it was smoothing, maybe not for 72 hours but then again it does say you need to not only use the shampoo and conditioner, but also the Chocolat Blow Dry Cream, which I don't own.

I will say the caps on these - which you twist to open, squeeze out, and twist to close - can be difficult to open, especially with wet hands in the shower. Sometimes I got lucky and it opened right up, other times it took me a good minute or so. I would prefer the packaging like the Black Vanilla line, which is a pop-top bottle. Maybe I will rinse out those bottles and put the Chocolat ones into those so that it is easier for me to use.

Overall, I think this is a nice line from her and I do think it works good. Would recommend to anyone who wants their hair smoother, way softer and more manageable.


Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this shampoo & conditioner? Have you tried them or are they are on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)