April 30, 2013

Philip Kingsley Preen Cream - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I've recently discovered a new-to-me hair care brand, Philip Kingsley. I wanted to try out some of his products, as he has been recognized as the leading authority on hair and scalp health. In this post I'll share with you his Preen Cream, which is basically a great product to use on fine or medium hair types to reduce frizz, reduce static and give hair softness & shine. Check out my full review and all the info about the product after the pics!

Philip Kingsley Preen Cream




 




Philip Kingsley Preen Cream Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $34.00 (3.38 fl oz full size). Available on the Philip Kingsley website.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

Developed to stimulate the effects of duck preening, which leaves each feather smooth and shiny yet protected, Preen Cream smoothes, shines and reduces the appearance of dry ends. Best for fine and medium hair types. Lightweight emulsion with a combination of moisturizers, shine serums, UV protection and antioxidants that protect and condition. Leaves hair shiny, reducing static and frizz.

Contains Babassu Oil - which is very light weight, yet moisturizing, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate - that provides 'feather' like softness, Vitamin E to protect and as an antioxidant, and Emulsified Silicone for shine, condition and manageability.

Use before and/or after styling by rubbing a few drops between your palms and apply to mid-lengths and ends of your hair. Add more as needed.

I'm not really sure why the directions say to add a few drops between your palms, because this is a cream and not an oil where drops would apply - but I guess it does kind of come out in drop-like squirts. Regardless, this is a really nice product that I've been loving to use!

I use this when my hair is damp and my hair comes out really soft, smooth and shiny with hardly any frizz. I have very fine, long hair and this didn't weight it down. It was very lightweight. I couldn't stop touching my hair because it felt so soft and healthy!

The smell isn't too over whelming, but it does have a scent to it. It goes away quickly and really isn't any stronger than other hair products I have - but I do have another Philip Kingsley product which has practically no scent at all. I'm sensitive to smells so at first this smell slightly bothered me, but then again I had it right up to my nose. With normal use this smell doesn't bother me at all.

You can use this when your hair is dry too, which I have done and it works great at eliminating frizz that way as well. But I prefer to use it when my hair is damp, kind of as a last step before I blow dry.

For sure this is a hair product I really have been enjoying to use and one I would recommend - especially to all my fine hair gals!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this hair product? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)