April 10, 2013

Mally - Evercolor Silk Eye Defining System in Jet Black: swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

If you know me, you know I love me some Mally Beauty! I think I want every single thing she makes, in every single color, and I have a huge Mally Beauty collection growing in my makeup drawers. My most recent addition is her Evercolor Silk Eye Defining System in Jet Black. This two-in-one has a black gel liner and a shimmery black shadow, plus a duo-ended brush for application. Been really liking this. Check out my full review after the pics and swatches!

Check out my pics, swatches, info, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Mally - Evercolor Silk Eye Defining System
Shade: Jet Black
















Mally Evercolor Silk Eye Defining System Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $26.00 (0.12 oz eyeliner/0.4 oz shadow full size). Available on the Mally Beauty website and on QVC's website.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

This dynamic duo is the perfect pair to accent your eyes with a soft or sultry, smoky look. This combination includes a silk eyeliner that gives you the precision of a liquid liner with the staying powder of a gel; and an accenting powder shadow that gives you that sultry look for hours on end, without fading or traveling of color.

The eyeliner is amazing; I love gel liners because they are so easy to work with and give you such a nice defined line. The black shade of this gel liner is a nice, rich, deep black that dries down matte. Glides on so smoothly and evenly.

The shadow is pretty - in this shade, Jet Black, the shadow is a shimmery black. I do find the shadow is really powdery when trying to get product onto the brush; it makes a mess - which is the only thing about this product I didn't like. However, the shadow itself performs nice. It doesn't have much pigmentation on its own - as shown in the swatch photo above - but it's purpose isn't to be worn as a shadow, but instead to give your eyes/your liner a sultry look. Although I will say I find if I apply the shadow as a liner - using a flat shadow brush or angled liner brush - I get good pigmentation with it and gives me a really pretty smoky line.

You can apply the shadow directly over your gel liner - as precise or as smokey as you want to go. I showed how it looks over the liner in the swatch photo above. It will set your liner nicely, but I find it turns it more of a gray tone due to the silver shimmer in the shadow - so I don't necessarily like to use it in that purpose.

On me the liner stays all day on its own, although may wear off on the inner corners towards the end of the day. You could use this in your waterline, which I do with a lot of gel liners (for me it stays better than a pencil).

The included duo-ended brush works for this product, but I have other brushes I prefer to apply the liner with (I like to use an angled brush).

I have this in Jet Black, but there are other shades available. On QVC's website they offer four shades: Black, Brown, Plum, or Green. On Mally's website she only has this (currently) in the black shade.

 Overall, I really have been liking this product and would recommend you check it out.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this eyeliner and shadow combo? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)