January 13, 2013

Revolution Organics Freedom Gloss - all 5 shades - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I first heard about the brand Revolution Organics through Birchbox, after receiving a sample of their Freedom Glow (which I'll review all four shades they offer in the coming weeks). In this post I'll show you the Revolution Organics Freedom Gloss - which is available in 5 sheer shades (all shades shown below). Formulated with 100% natural and 85% certified organic ingredients. They ensure their products meet USDA standards to ensure the highest level of organic integrity. These glosses come in very wearable shades, with Truth being my favorite. Let me know what shade you like best!

Check out my pics, swatches, info, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Revolution Organics Freedom Gloss
Shades: Innocent, Integrity, Truth, Vibe, Freedom
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.












Revolution Organics Freedom Gloss
Shade: Innocent
  

 










Revolution Organics Freedom Gloss
Shade: Integrity
  

 










Revolution Organics Freedom Gloss
Shade: Truth
  

 










Revolution Organics Freedom Gloss
Shade: Vibe
  

 










Revolution Organics Freedom Gloss
Shade: Freedom
  

 







Revolution Organics Freedom Gloss Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $26.00 (0.23 oz full size). Available on the Revolution Organics website.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

This healthy, good-for-you gloss is rich in vitamins and antioxidants to leave lips beautifully moisturized and gorgeously glossy. Formulated with 100% natural and 85% certified organic ingredients, the product delivers all the benefits of a lip treatment in a gorgeous gloss.

The formula is free of chemicals, mineral oil, petroleum, artificial ingredients, and parabens. Instead, Freedom Gloss uses organic plant proteins and extracts to give lips a healthy dose of antioxidants and vitamins. Vitamin-rich organic jojoba oil nourishes and conditions, while organic shea butter hydrates and moisturizes. Organic aloe vera and olive oil soothe and soften as organic beeswax protects skin.

Packaged in recyclable, biodegradable, eco-chic material.

This lip gloss goes on incredibly smooth and feels very comfortable on your lips. It gave my lips a pretty sheer wash of color with subtle shimmer and plenty of shine.

Out of all the shades, my favorite is Truth. It's so pretty on the lips; the perfect pink! Honestly, they're all very wearable shades since they are sheer. The two lightest shades, Innocent and Integrity, look very similar on my lips with the only real notable difference being that Integrity has more shimmer and is warmer in tone. It could show up different on your lips, showing a great difference in the two shades, depending on your natural lip tone. The shade Vibe is a great caramel nude, while Freedom is a sheer wearable red. You can build up the color on these depending on how much you apply, but I personally prefer their sheer tone (although I think the shade Freedom would look best built up a bit).

Everything about these glosses seem to be wonderful, but I did note that there was an off taste... which I could only describe as a hint of cardboard. It didn't really bother me all too much, and wasn't that noticeable after application. It could possibly be from the way they are packaged (in the eco-friendly recyclable and biodegradable tubes), but I can't say for sure if that's the reason for the cardboard-ish taste or maybe it's just in the natural formula. But again, it's really not all that bad to me and I have no issues using these.

Overall, I was really impressed with these glosses and love that they're made with good-for-you ingredients. I'd definitely recommend checking these out - especially the shade Truth!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this lip gloss? Have you tried this gloss or is this on your wish list? What shade do you like best? Discuss in the comments below.

3 comments:

  1. I got Vibe in an Eco-Emi box. I get what you are saying about the cardboard taste, as I just pulled it out of my purse to try again, and mine has it as well. Despite the great list of ingredients, it did not feel hydrating enough and wore off rather quickly. I'm glad I got to try one, but it wasn't for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the images- they are way too sheer for me. What is the texture (sticky,smooth...?) and longevity?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ MeowMars007: They are non-sticky and go on smooth, and feel thin/comfortable on the lips. They don't last a very long time though, but wear will depend on how much you're talking, eating, drinking, etc. They are very sheer though, so if you're going for more color payoff steer clear of these.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)