I am so excited because I think I may have found my dream primer: Illamasqua's Matt Primer SPF 20!
I had recently purchased Illamasqua's Rich Liquid Foundation and Powder Foundation and fell in love with both, but I skipped over their primer at that time and many times before. I would add the primer to my shopping cart, then remove it. I'd go check out the product page time and time again, then check it out on blogs and YouTube. I just kept skipping it. Why oh why did I wait so long to buy this? This primer works perfectly with my skin!
I tested it out today and let me just say, I am shocked at how good this primer worked! Normally primers work pretty well for me, or so I thought, but this primer blows all other primers away.
Why I Love It:
- It goes on easily and blends out clear (some white primers can leave a slight ghostly tint behind; this one does not).
- I didn't have to wait for it to set/dry before I applied my makeup, which is the trick with most primers to get them to work perfectly.
- My makeup went on perfectly.
- Even though this does make your skin matte, I didn't feel like my skin was tight or too dry.
- My makeup lasted all day... and still looks FRESHLY APPLIED hours later!
I can't say this primer is going to be a miracle for everyone, but I've found my favorite primer (for now anyway). I'd love to try their Satin Primer in the fall and winter, but I think I'll stick to the Matt Primer for spring and summer
You can buy Illamasqua's Matt Primer on Sephora.com for $30 (they don't carry it at my local Sephora, so call ahead if you plan to buy at the store to make sure they carry this brand).
Do you own this primer? If so, thoughts?