This is my September 2014 BoxyCharm! Check out everything I received in my box!
BoxyCharm is a monthly subscription service where you receive a box filled with FULL SIZE and luxury size beauty samples from a variety of brands - including well known high end brands! The amount of items varies month to month, but it's usually between 5 and 7 items per month. The cost of BoxyCharm is $21 a month with free shipping.
If you want to sign up for BoxyCharm just click here or follow the link below (it's my referral link). Sign-up link: https://www.boxycharm.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/10912/
Shipment Quick Stats:
- Value of this month's BoxyCharm: $77.95 (value is approximate)
- Total # of Items Received: 5
- # of FULL SIZED items: 5
- # of makeup items: 3
- # of beauty tools/brushes: 0
- # of nail items: 1
- # of hair care items: 0
- # of skin care items: 0
- # of body care items: 0
- # of fragrance items: 1
Now I'll talk about each product...
tarte LipSurgence Lip Gloss
- MY THOUGHTS: Earlier this month I posted a review on the tarte LipSurgence Lip Glosses in shades Flush, Blushing Bride, and Park Ave Princess. I really like these lip glosses, even though they are on the sheer side. When I saw there would be one in this month's BoxyCharm I got a little worried I'd receive a shade I already had, even though there are 10 shades currently in the line. Then I saw somewhere (I think BoxyCharm's Instagram) that there was 4 shades going around in the boxes, and 2 of those 4 shades were ones I already have. Luckily I receive a shade I didn't have, Tipsy. This shade in particular has to be the one that is least noticeable on my lips. It's described as a sheer coral but on my lip it hardly changes the tone and looks more like a glossy clear shade. But I did find it makes a great topper to other lipsticks that need a slight boost in tone.
- FULL SIZE VALUE: $19.00
NCLA Nail Lacquer
- MY THOUGHTS: I've always wanted to try NCLA polishes because I've heard they are really good, but I hated the $16 price tag. I did get a set of NCLA Nail Wraps in my February 2014 Blush Mystery Box (and come to think of it, I still haven't used them). The nail polish shade I received in my BoxyCharm is Catwalk Queen, which is a cream nude shade. The shade is just eh, okay to me but what I LOVE is the formula! It went on so perfectly and was opaque in ONE COAT! It's not often that you find a creamy nude polish to be opaque and not streaky in a single coat. I'll certainly be wearing this shade, paired with other polishes (I already have a mani in mind that involves this shade and a gold glitter polish).
- FULL SIZE VALUE: $16.00
Coastal Scents Go Palette
- MY THOUGHTS: This arrived broken, and of course it was a dark shade that broke (why does that always seem to happen; it's always the darkest shades that break?!). But I was able to clean it up a bit and swatch it out. It's your standard Coastal Scents shadow quality; pretty good but nothing amazing. The shades are pretty, but I have so many neutral palettes that this was honestly a bit of a boring palette to receive. There were three going around in the boxes and I really wanted one of the more colorful palettes to play with. Ah well, I think I'll try to get some use out of this or I'll likely pass it onto my nieces.
- FULL SIZE VALUE: $12.95
Tarina Tarantino Fleur de Lash Mascara
- MY THOUGHTS: I have to say, I was expecting the Tarina Tarantino Hyperdream Eye Brightener (or whatever it's called) because BoxyCharm had posted (or emailed; I can't remember where I saw it) that if you were a newer subscriber - aka me, since this is only my second box - then you'd get the eye brightener since newer subscribers missed out on it. Older subscribers - anyone that already received that product in their past BoxyCharm boxes - would receive the mascara. I was so excited about the eye brightener only to find the mascara in my box. I really shouldn't complain though, because it is full size and I will eventually give it a try. I'm not opening it yet because I have so many open mascaras at the moment, but I'm looking forward to trying it out. Love the packaging, as always, on Tarina Tarantino products!
- FULL SIZE VALUE: $19.00
- MY THOUGHTS: I'm really, really, really not a fragrance/perfume person so I'm always bummed out/let down to receive any kind of fragrance in my subscription boxes - especially because my nose is so picky when it comes to smells. Everyone seemed to rave about this scent though, but I wasn't wow'd. I thought it was just okay; it wasn't an offensive scent or strong scent - which is good - but it also wasn't a scent that I was sniffing over and over again out of pure love for it. I did spray some on one of my arms to see how the scent would wear on my skin and I didn't even notice a scent after awhile. I'll likely give this another go in the future. It's a great size though (10 ml).
- FULL SIZE VALUE: 1.7 oz @ $55 -- this is 10 ml, making it an $11.00 value. For whatever reason, BoxyCharm lists this as $29.00 (and in my quick Google search I couldn't find this listed for $29 anywhere)
My Thoughts On The Entire Box...
- VALUE: The value was approximately $77.95
- USAGE: I've already used the tarte LipSurgence Lip Gloss and have plans to use the NCLA nail polish very soon. I'll try out the Tarina Tarantino mascara in the future, and probably use the Harvey Prince perfume. I honestly don't know if I'll use the Coastal Scents shadow palette, only because the colors don't excite me at the moment. Maybe I'll use it to try and find dupes of some higher end palettes/shades.
- FINAL THOUGHTS: I think this was a good box. Not as high of a value as last month (although they did list the perfume as $29 instead of $11, which would make the value $95.95). I think there was a great mix of brands and products in this box. I can't wait to see what October's box is filled with!
Let me know what you think...
Did you receive a Boxy Charm this month? If so, what are your thoughts on your box? If you don't receive a Boxy Charm box yet, click here to sign up! Discuss in the comments below.