July 14, 2014

LipMonthly - July 2014 - pics, swatches, mini reviews & value breakdown!

Hello, Beautiful!

This is my July 2014 LipMonthly box! Check out below to see what I received, a little about each product and my thoughts, as well as a break-down of the value of this month's box!

LipMonthly is just $10 a month! Each month you'll receive 2 to 3 FULL SIZED lip products and 2 to 3 sample sized products (the sample sized products may not always be lip items). If you want to sign-up for your own LipMonthly box, CLICK HERE (it's my referral link) and enter code SUMMERLIPS to get your first box for only $5!!! Join me and let's be LipMonthly friends!

July 2014 LipMonthly Box





Included Info Card:


Shipment Quick Stats:
  • Value of this month's LipMonthly Box: $36.77 (value is approximate)
  • Total # of Items Received: 5
  • # of FULL SIZED items: 4
  • # of deluxe sized sample items: 1
  • # of lip items: 4
  • # of non-lip items: 1

Now I'll talk about each product...

Appeal Cosmetics - Lipstick
Shade: Red Light District

 




  • MY THOUGHTS: I'm not a red lipstick type of gal, so instantly I was turned off by this product only by the shade. Which is a shame, since this is the highest value item in this month's box. Shade aside, this lipstick formula is actually really nice! It's very creamy, goes on smooth, has great pigmentation and feels comfortable on the lips. I haven't tested the wear of this lipstick, so can't comment on that. I'll likely keep this around in my collection for a day I want to wear a red. I may have to look into the Appeal Cosmetics brand and see what else they offer and what other shades this lipstick comes in.
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: Full Sized
  • VALUE: $22.00


City Color - Lip Balm
Shade: Bright Pink

  




  • MY THOUGHTS: Initially I was most excited about this product because I love pink lip products - and in the summer, especially bright pink lip products. But this turned out to be my least favorite product of the box. The color looks bright pink but goes on much more sheer with less intensity and it also has a frost to it that I personally don't enjoy. As far as a lip balm goes, I don't feel like this does a good job. It kind of just sits on top of the lips without sinking in and feels slick on the lips. Not something I would seek out other shades or recommend.
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: Full Sized
  • VALUE: $2.99


City Color - Lip Lush Luscious Lip Crayon
Shade: Wine





  • MY THOUGHTS: This product isn't bad, but I feel like the shade is better suited for fall. It's definitely a more fall/vampy shade of purple. That being said, I do like that this lip crayon is thinner, making it easier to line the lips - which is important when you have a deeper shade. I also like that it's a twist up lip crayon. It has nice pigmentation too. But it's drying on my lips. I definitely need to put a lip balm on first (and/or after) if I want to wear this comfortably. I don't know how long this wears because I didn't test that out yet, but I will keep this around for the fall and definitely pull it out to use then.
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: Full Size
  • VALUE: $2.99


Revlon - Colorburst Lipgloss
Shade: 044 Sunbaked

 





  • MY THOUGHTS: I already know I like the Revlon Colorburst Lipglosses, so was happy to see one in there (even though I believe this packaging/formula is discontinued now). The shade I received, Sunbaked, isn't one I would probably pick up in the store but I'm actually very happy I received it because I like it a lot! Again, same with the previous item, I feel like this is more of a fall shade. It's a nude lip color but more brown than pink and on me, it wears a bit deeper/darker of a nude so more suited for fall. But I do like it and the formula as well. Probably my favorite product in the whole box!
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: Full Sized
  • VALUE: $6.99


John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Straight Fixation Smoothing Creme
 


  • MY THOUGHTS: You don't always get lip products in your LipMonthly box, and this month I received this Smoothing Creme from John Frieda. I actually own this in full size, so I'll either keep this one for travel or use it in a giveaway. A good product to have if you like straight and smooth hair.
  • FULL SIZE: 5 oz @ $5.99
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 1.5 oz
  • VALUE: $1.80



My Thoughts On The Entire Box...
  • FULL SIZE/DELUXE SIZE: This box contained 4 full sized items and 1 deluxe size sample.
  • VALUE: The value was approximately $36.77
  • USAGE: I will use the Revlon Colorburst LipGloss for sure. I'm going to keep the Appeal Cosmetics Lipstick around for when I want to wear red lipstick. The City Color Lip Lush Luscious Lip Crayon may get some use in the fall, when paired with a hydrating lip balm. The other City Color product - the Lip Balm - is definitely not something I'd use. I'll either pass it onto my nieces or blog sale it in the future at a super low price. The John Frieda Smoothing Creme with either be used when I travel (since I own the full size) or I may use it in a giveaway!
  • FINAL THOUGHTS: This was my very first LipMonthly box so I really didn't know what all to expect. The info card said this month was a good mix of shades, and I did get a red, a pink, a plum and a nude. The value is there too; you pay $10 and my box this month was valued at $36.77 (and my first box I got for just $5). The value is no question - you definitely get your money's worth! I'm just not exactly thrilled with the shade/brand selection I received. But that's whats good about subscription services; you get to try out products you may otherwise would have never tried. It's also a great way to discover new brands or new products within brands you already love. I'm certainly excited about future shipments and this is a subscription service that I'd recommend. It's fun to get lip products in the mail and everyone receives different items (at least from my understanding). I have a feeling LipMonthly will get bigger and better as the months go on, and I'm going to stick around for awhile and see how they grow and what each month brings!

Let me know what you think...
What are your thoughts on this month's LipMonthly Box? Did you receive an LipMonthly Box this month? If so, what did you get in your box? Discuss in the comments below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)