April 8, 2012

M.A.D. Skincare - 3 products for Acne/Blemish Prone Skin - pics, swatches, reviews

Hello, Beautiful!

As most of you know, I have acne prone skin and I'm not a teen. it's hard for me to battle it sometimes, but there are products out there that do great things for my skin. I recently tried out some products from M.A.D. Skincare from their product line for acne/blemish prone skin. Although one of the three products I had to give to a friend to test because I'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

M.A.D. Skincare
Breakout Control Daily Moisturizer, Salicylic Cleansing Gel, Blemish Repelling Gel
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual product.
  




M.A.D. Skincare
Breakout Control Daily Moisturizer


   

 








Basic Stats for M.A.D. Skincare Breakout Control Daily Moisturizer:
Formula: lightweight cream
Cost/Availability: $38.00 (1.70 oz full size). Available on the M.A.D. Skincare website and everywhere else M.A.D. Skincare products are sold.
Packaging: rounded bottle with pull-off cap and pump-top applicator
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

M.A.D. Skincare Breakout Control Daily Moisturizer Review:
A lightweight daily moisturizer that helps control oil production and calms irritated skin. Your skin will look and feel great as the botanicals help control oil production and the gentle moisturization keeps your skin from feeling dry and irritated. Contains Tea Tree Oil to help fight and control bacteria, Peppermint Oil to help tame reddened and irritated skin, Ginger Root Extract to help heal and clarify skin, and Witch Hazel to help minimize pores and refine skin without irritation. Does not contain parabens or chemical colorants.

I really liked this moisturizer. It's very lightweight, glides on with ease and feels good on your skin. It's something I can wear in the daytime without worries that it's going to cause my oily skin to get worse. It's a perfect moisturizer for anyone with acne prone skin! I'd recommend!




M.A.D. Skincare
Salicylic Cleansing Gel


  

 








Basic Stats for M.A.D. Skincare Salicylic Cleansing Gel:
Formula: liquid
Cost/Availability: $28.00 (6.60 oz full size). Available on the M.A.D. Skincare website and everywhere else M.A.D. Skincare products are sold.
Packaging: rounded bottle with pull-off lid and pump-top applicator
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Kisses

M.A.D. Skincare Salicylic Cleansing Gel Review:
This cleanser is designed for maximum effectiveness in the fight against blemishes. A potent blend of 2% salicylic acid with botanicals to fight oil and help balance oily prone skin. This is the first step to controlling acne. Gentle cleansers and botanicals lift away dirt to keep pores clear and protect your skin leaving it clean, clear and refreshed. Infused with their Trinity Tea Complex, and natural control botanicals that keep working to make your skin balanced and clear. Does not contain parabens or chemical colorants.

This was a nice cleanser for acne-prone skin. Salicylic acid is my go-to acne fighting ingredient and I like to use cleansers that contain it. Because it does contain 2% salicylic acid it can dry your skin out if you use it too much. I would recommend using it at night once a day, or using it every other day depending on the level of acne you're dealing with.




M.A.D. Skincare
Blemish Repelling Gel


   











Basic Stats for M.A.D. Skincare Blemish Repelling Gel:
Formula: cream
Cost/Availability: $34.00 (2 oz full size). Available on the M.A.D. Skincare website and everywhere else M.A.D. Skincare products are sold.
Packaging: squeeze tube with twist-off lid
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

M.A.D. Skincare Blemish Repelling Gel Review:
This light weight gel cream absorbs quickly delivering a potent blend of benzoyl peroxide, green tea, licorice, aloe vera and epilobium fleischeri extract. This combination of ingredients fights blemishes, minimizes pores, soothes the skin and delivers antioxidants your skin needs to look and feel its best. Does not contain parabens or chemical colorants.

I'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide, so I couldn't use this product. I ended up giving it to a friend, who isn't allergic to benzoyl peroxide, for her to test out. She said it did a great job at controlling her breakouts and she was happy to have it. I asked if she would recommend it and she said yes.



Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these products for acne prone skin? Have you tried them or are they now on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)