September 21, 2015

Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in Nude Dip: tons of swatches, pics and complete review

Hello, Beautiful!

After trying some Charlotte Tilbury shadow quads, and finding out gram for gram it's actually cheaper to get Tom Ford, I decided to try a shadow quad from Tom Ford (I ended up buying two quads, and I'll do a separate review on each). The quad Nude Dip was one, after seeing swatches and reading tons of positive reviews, that I knew I had to have because they're shades I will wear all the time.

Yes, these quads are $80 each. When choosing them, I had to think about it as price per shadow. Would I spend $20 on each shade? For the quad Nude Dip, YES, without hesitation. This quad is perfection! However, the other quad I purchased, Silvered Topaz, I did not think was worth the money and I'll be returning to Nordstrom. I'll explain more about why in my blog post on the Tom Ford Silvered Topaz quad.

For now, let's check out this beauty in all her glory that is called Nude Dip......

Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in Nude Dip Info & Review
Cost: $80.00 (.21 oz full size)
Availability: Available on the Tom Ford website, at Nordstrom, and everywhere else Tom Ford beauty is sold.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!


Tom Ford Eye Color Quad
Shade: 03 Nude Dip


Here is what the box looks like. Click on the pics to view them larger.
 


It comes in a little suede pouch, which I'm just not going to likely ever use again, but I do appreciate the extra little bits that make you feel like it's a luxurious gift to yourself.


And the compact is your standard Tom Ford compact. Same size as the Flawless Powder Foundation.





And here she is..... isn't she a beauty?!! When I say that in person these shades are even more stunning, I truly mean that. They are stunners!

Each palette includes two duo-ended applicators. One applicator has a standard sponge tip applicator on one end and a brush on the other. The second applicator contains two sponge tip applicators, except the one end is a thinner design to use for liner or on your lower lash line. Honestly, I haven't used them yet but for travel they would certainly be workable.


I was actually concerned that someone had already played in my palette because it appears to have finger marks, but after I swatched them I am thinking it's just a factory blem and not someone who has previously owned/tried this palette (plus, I can't see anyone actually returning this palette after receiving it; it's just too pretty!!!)



These shades.... my heart skips a beat!!



The top left shade is a gorgeous light champagne like color. Great for all-over the lid and as a highlight. Really pretty and great pigmentation. I'd describe it as a pale golden champagne shade with pretty metallic sheen and subtle sparkle.




The top right shade is another one of those beautiful colors that can be used all over the lid or as a highlight shade. I'd describe this as a rosey peach champagne shade with gorgeous metallic shine and subtle sparkle.




The bottom left shade is my favorite of the quad. It's my favorite one to use all over the lid. I'd describe it as a gorgeous brown gray taupe with a beautiful metallic shine and subtle sparkle.




The bottom right shade is a gorgeous cool toned taupey chocolate brown with a beautiful metallic sheen and subtle sparkle. Really beautiful shade!




Now are you ready for way more swatch pics than necessary?

First, let's start off with my standard swatch pics (photographed indoors with studio lights)....






And now let's go outdoors in the sunlight!!

These pics were taken a few days later and as you can see, I've been giving this palette non-stop love!








And of course you have to have the intentional blurry shots to show how gorgeous the sparkle and shine is. If only I had attached a video of it... maybe I'll upload a video to my Instagram of how it looks in the sun. It's way too pretty not to show you that!




THE FINAL VERDICT...

Although at first glance these shades may not seem incredibly unique, once you actually swatch them out in person and see them on your eyes you will quickly realize how special this quad is. I have plenty of neutrals in my collection, but certainly nothing to level of these - especially nothing within the same quad or palette. I may try to find some dupes, but I think it's going to be pretty hard to get an exact dupe. These are just a bit more complex and interesting, which I feel the photos just don't show.

The texture is perfection!! Super silky smooth, creamy, buttery and extremely easy to blend. Almost too easy. You practically can't apply these wrong. Compared to the other Tom Ford quad I have (one of his regular quads, Silvered Topaz), the formula in the Nude Dip quad is far superior! In fact, the formula in Nude Dip is so much better than Silvered Topaz that I'm going to return Silvered Topaz.... especially because it didn't wow me with the shades like I thought it would based on swatches I had seen (a separate blog post on that quad is coming soon with a full review).

$80 is a tough pill to swallow for an eyeshadow quad, but you get a good amount of product. In a normal Tom Ford shadow quad you get 0.35 oz/10 g of product... however, in the Nude Dip quad you get slightly less: 0.21 oz/6 g of product. It's not the biggest difference in the world (and if I hadn't looked it up myself I probably wouldn't have noticed), but it's something to note.

For me, I had to justify the cost by seeing if I would pay $20 a piece for these, and yes, I absolutely would! This Nude Dip quad is a stunner and a special luxury item in my collection that has quickly become near and dear to my heart.

If you like a super superior shadow formula with gorgeous wearable shades that give off a gorgeous shine and some sparkle (but not glitter), then this is a quad you need in your life. If you're more of a matte or satin eye shadow wearer, then this quad isn't for you. If you want a Tom Ford quad you may want to try some of his regular line of quads (I believe this was supposed to be limited edition at one point but I'm not sure).

For me, this is probably my favorite shadow quad ever. Seriously. It's just THAT pretty.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this shadow quad? Have you tried this, or would you consider adding this to your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below!

xoxo with love & beauty,
Crystal Valentine

3 comments:

  1. Es preciosa pero demasiado cara!
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colors are absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the quad is really over prices. The shades r good but they wont pop up on a desi/south asian skin tone. Nice detailed review as always.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)