September 3, 2015

Chanel Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Colour in 434 Mademoiselle

Hello, Beautiful!

It's not often that I get to a Chanel counter, but I recently had to make a trip to Nordstrom to make a return and strolled on over to the Chanel counter to "take a look" (yeah right, we all know how that goes). I figured if I was returning some clothing items and getting money back, then I wasn't dipping into more money... so I ended up buying three makeup items. One of them is the Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Colour in the shade Mademoiselle, and wow is she a beauty! I'll go into more detail on my review throughout the pics...

Chanel Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Colour Info & Review
Cost: $36.00 (0.12 oz full size)
Availability: Available on the Chanel website, at Nordstrom, and everywhere else Chanel beauty is sold.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!


Chanel - Rouge Coco
Ultra Hydrating Lip Colour
Shade: 434 Mademoiselle



Here is what the box looks like. Don't mind the sticker residue from the back of the box. The Nordstrom sales associate put their Nordstrom bar code sticker right over top of the ingredients instead of on the blank side that had the regular Chanel bar code on it. 

  


Classic Chanel style packaging.... just the newer, updated, reformulated formula. 






And here she is... in all her gorgeous glory....


If I'm going to spend $36 on a lipstick, you better believe I want to be in love with the formula and shade. I want it to be a shade I'll reach for often, because I have so many lipsticks already in a wide range of shades, that there is no need to splurge on lipsticks I won't wear. I knew I wanted a "your lips but better" shade and Mademoiselle was the perfect fit. I also knew I needed a hydrating formula - which is why I went with this lipstick formula over some of of their others. 

I don't know what it is about lipsticks that have an embossing in it, but they are so beautiful to me.  



This swatch really isn't the best but it's a decent representation of what the shade looks like. It's a very wearable shade... it looks a bit darker in the tube than how it actually applies. It is a gorgeous pink. It's not a shimmer, but it's not a matte. It's a cream finish with a slight sheen to it. It looks beautiful on the lips!



And for whatever reason, I could NOT get good lip swatch pics of this shade. I guess I was having a bad photo day. I feel like these pics just don't do this shade any justice; it makes the shade look less than exciting. And sure, it's not some intense plum shade or something, but it is a really beautiful "your lips but better" rosey pink shade.

To me, it's perfect. It's an everyday shade, and that's exactly what I was looking to find.

I also want to mention how hydrating this lipstick is. I have dry lips year round; no amount of lip balm can keep them looking their best around the clock unless I am religiously applying it - and many days I go too many hours without applying anything to my lips (so really, it's my fault). This lipstick goes on so silky smooth and has a very comfortable feeling on the lips. A slight slip as it basically seals in a layer of moisture to your lips. It also has a pretty shine to the lips, which looks even more gorgeous with their Glossimer lip gloss in the shade Wild Rose (you'll see a post on that coming soon too)




I would absolutely splurge on more of these lipsticks because this lipstick formula is so divine. It's very comfortable, and most importantly for me, it's very moisturizing. It's also fairly long wearing too! Great pigmentation as well, which I'm not sure how well you can really tell from the above lip swatch photos. 

Some of the shades on my wish list: Elise, Olga, Ina, Roussy.... but I can't remember for sure if these were the ones I swatched and loved, or if maybe I got the names mixed up. Regardless, there are a bunch of shades to swatch and check out. I recommend going to a Chanel counter if possible because the online pics do not represent these shades very true. For example, Mademoiselle looks very brown on the website. 

If you have been wanting to splurge on a Chanel lipstick, but weren't sure which shade to get, I can highly recommend the shade Mademoiselle - which I think would look great on 95% of people!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this lipstick? Have you tried this, or would you consider adding this to your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below!

xoxo with love & beauty,
Crystal Valentine

1 comment:

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)