I just wanted to post this quick and easy body scrub tutorial. This is really so simple you'll wonder why you've never tried this before.
What You'll Need:
1. Olive Oil
5. Measuring Cups (just the half-cup)
How It's Done:
1. Pour 1 cup of sugar into a bowl. [I use the 1/2 cup measuring cup for this whole recipe so I don't need to wash more later]
2. Pour 1/2 cup of olive oil onto the sugar.
3. Stir until a scrub is formed and you're done!
Yes, it's that easy!
- I use regular granulated sugar - no name brands, just generic (whatever is cheapest or whatever I have in my kitchen).
- I use extra virgin olive oil, although probably any olive oil will work just fine.
- I did run into a little issues... it tends to separate rather quickly and you need to stir frequently to get it back to its scrub-like texture. I added a little more sugar and it helped a lot.
- I also had extra scrub left over, so you could probably half this recipe and still get good use out of it.
- I wouldn't recommend saving any left-overs only because it will likely separate.
This scrub works amazingly! It feels a little gross at first, because when water meets oil it tends to do that greasy texture thing. But if you can get past that you'll be headed for great results!
It scrubs your skin perfectly. Not too soft and not too harsh. The olive oil does a great job at conditioning your skin. In fact, I didn't need to apply lotion after my shower and my skin stayed smooth all day (it also looked healthier).
The smell isn't wonderful, but it's not awful either. It smells like olive oil (of course).
After you use this scrub and rinse it off you'll want to use a body wash afterwards to get that oil-meets-water greasy feeling off your body.
So there you have it, a quick and super easy scrub you can make at home!
Bonus Tip: If you have darker elbows/knees cut a lemon or grapefruit in half and rub it into those spots for a few seconds. This will help a little, although it won't make an amazing change the first time you try it.
Also, be sure to check our website early next week (week of July 12). I'm super busy at the moment photographing new products for the website. We got in an amazing shipment of items including beautiful jewelry, cute hair accessories, and great L'Oreal, Maybelline and Sally Hansen cosmetics!
xoxo with love & beauty,
Crystal Valentine B.
- The woman who runs ValentineKisses.com