April 20, 2012

Inika - Pure Primer, Mineral Foundation in Nurture, Kabuki Brush: pics, swatches, reviews

Hello, Beautiful!

I recently had the opportunity to test out the Australian brand Inika, trying out their Pure Primer, Mineral Foundation and their Kabuki Brush. The primer is certified organic and has good-for-your-skin ingredients. Their mineral powder has nice buildable coverage, and the kabuki brush applies the powder beautifully (great quality brush... one of my new favorites).

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.






Inika Pure Primer

   

 




Basic Stats for Inika Pure Primer:
Formula: liquid
Cost/Availability: $60.00 (50 ml full size). Available on the Inika website.
Packaging: rounded bottle with pull-off lid and pump-top applicator
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

Inika Pure Primer Info & Review:
Inika's Pure Primer is a certified organic blend that offers protection and hydration for the skin prior to makeup application. Made with ingredients such as macadamia oil, avocado and apricot, this primer preps skin providing an even canvas for foundation application. Also improves the staying power of your makeup.

This primer went on my skin really nicely, melting in and setting fast. Made my skin nice and ready for their mineral foundation. The only thing I didn't like is the smell, but it's organic so I don't expect it to smell beautiful. The scent actually goes away quickly, so it doesn't bother me all that much. It's still a nice primer!




Inika Mineral Foundation SPF 15+
Shade: Nurture

 

 
 








Basic Stats for Inika Mineral Foundation SPF 15+:
Formula: loose powder
Wear: average to above average
Coverage: buildable - sheer to full
Shade Info: currently available in 8 shades
Cost/Availability: $59.95 (0.28 oz full size). Available on the Inika website.
Packaging: rounded jar with twist-off lid and sifter
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

Inika Mineral Foundation SPF 15+ Info & Review:
Inika's award winning mineral foundation acts as a concealer, foundation and powder in one. With exceptional performance and pure ingredients, Inika's foundations provide a flawless finish giving skin a natural and radiant look. Offers natural sun protection with a SPF15 guard against damaging ultra-violet rays without clogging pores or irritating skin.

This mineral foundation was very creamy, soft and velvety. I was impressed with the formula and how nicely it went on my skin and blended out. For me, this didn't offer full coverage with just one layer but it did offer really nice coverage that I could easily build to full. It looks natural and wears nicely too. For me, it didn't last a full day (8 hours) but I also didn't use any type of setting product. When I tested it again and used a setting product (I used a spray and a powder) it lasted longer for me. Keep in mind I have oily skin and foundations rarely stay put on me.

Overall, one of the very best mineral foundations I've ever used! I'd recommend!





Inika Kabuki Brush



Basic Stats for Inika Kabuki Brush:
Cost/Availability: $59.95 -- Available on the Inika website.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!!

Inika Kabuki Brush Info & Review:
A 100% Vegan and Certified Cruelty Free Kabuki Brush. The thick and luxurious brush head delivers complete coverage and is soft and silky on the skin.

This brush is seriously one of my favorite brushes of all time. I was so impressed with the quality -- truly a luxury brush that is worth the investment. It's very soft and feels great on your skin. It applied the mineral foundation perfectly, but also works great for applying other products too - like blush, bronzer and setting powder.

I absolutely LOVE this brush and would highly recommend!


Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this product? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

3 comments:

  1. Great review! I think I have heard of this brand before and after your review these products are definitely something I would like to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cubren muy bien estos polvos minerales. Y la brochita, tiene una pinta estupenda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review - very helpful. Just wondering if you have tried the Alima Pure foundation and what you think of that in comparison to the Inika mineral foundation?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)