October 20, 2013

Swagger Cosmetics - a little of everything! pics, swatches, reviews

Hello, Beautiful!

I thought a fun way for you to get to know the brand Swagger Cosmetics would be to show you a little of everything they offer! All Swagger Cosmetics products are 100% vegan, completely cruelty free and handcrafted in northern California.  In this post I'll show you their Eyeshadow in Birthday Cake, their Lipgloss in Mango Madness, their Large Glitter in Gold Digger, their Blush/Highlighter in Golden Rose, and their false lashes in the style Starlet. Check out my review on each product, including all the product info, after each set of pics!

I will say that I am LOVING their Mango Madness lip gloss -- something I will be purchasing in the full size!

Swagger Cosmetics
Products: Eyeshadow in Birthday Cake, Lipgloss in Mango Madness, Large Glitter in Gold Digger, Blush/Highlighter in Golden Rose, False Lashes in Starlet.
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual product.




Swagger Cosmetics Eyeshadow
Shade: Birthday Cake








Swagger Cosmetics Eyeshadow Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $9.50 (comes in a 5g jar with sifter full size). Available on the Swagger Cosmetics website. Custom Colors range in price from $10 to $24 - click here to read all about how they can make custom colors for you.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

Smooth, bold and creamy, these highly pigmented loose shadows pack a real punch! Whether your preference is for a soft neutral or a knockout teal, Swagger Cosmetics' vegan eyeshadows offer a silky and long-lasting finish that's perfect for any look.

Currently available in 23 shades, plus the option for custom colors.

I have this in the shade Birthday Cake - a gorgeous warm chocolate shimmery brown. It's super pigmented when swatched -- I swatched it by itself and over shadow primer and you can see from that photo that there is hardly any difference, it's just that pigmented. However, when it goes on the lid it kind of blends out a bit less pigmented, unless you pack it on with the right brush - of course. I used it in the eye look all over my lid in a lighter application and you still get great color payoff. It looks darker in person than in the photo, as the studio lights can tend to wash out colors.

The texture is nice, they blend easily and wear long. There are other shades I'd love to try - like Asteroid (which always seems sold out on their website - and probably for good reason), same with Nebula. I'd like to try Responsitranity, Gold Digger, and Swagger.

Overall, I really liked this shadow and thought it was great quality and you only need to use a little. Definitely worth checking out!



Swagger Cosmetics Glitter
Shade: Gold Digger (large glitter version)






Swagger Cosmetics Glitter Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $9.50 to $12.50 ($9.50 for the normal size glitter and $12.50 for the larger size glitter, each full size). Available on the Swagger Cosmetics website.
My Rating: 3 out of 5 Kisses

Super bright glitters available in two sizes: Big and Bigger! Their increased size guarantee that your style will be impossible to overlook. Use them on their own, or with their matching shadow and gloss counterparts.

I have this in the shade Gold Digger, and this is the larger version. Available in a total of 14 glitters (various sizes). The larger size glitter is 1mm in size, whereas their regular glitters are .2 to .3mm in size.

I am a glitter-aholic, so I hardly say a glitter is bad but I honestly didn't really love this larger size of glitter. It reminded me more of nail art glitter rather than glitter I'd wear on my eyes, based only on the size. I'd much prefer the smaller glitter size. But that's okay because this is still usable for sure and it will get use. Because of the larger size I may try to do something such as making a thin line of this glitter above my lash line, rather than all over the lid.

I would not recommend applying this to your lids without any kind of base, as the glitter is too large and won't stick without something to grab onto. In the swatch photo I used a shadow primer on the left and a glitter base on the right. I much prefer to use a glitter base with this - but the moral of the story is you'll need something for it to stick to.

There are other shades I'd love to try in the future - like Birthday Cake - but I will likely skip the larger glitter choices. However, if you love to be bold and sparkly then you'll want to try the larger sizes! Plus, you could use them on your nails too.



Swagger Cosmetics Blush/Highlighter
Shade: Golden Rose








Swagger Cosmetics Blush/Highlighter Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $14.50 (comes in a 10g jar full size). Available on the Swagger Cosmetics website.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

Everything you need as a cheek addict - from all over finishing powders to glowing blushes to carving out some fake cheekbones. Get your glow on!

This blush/highlighter product looks more gold in the jar but when swatched - especially when I swatched it over a primer - it becomes that rose gold shade. It's very pretty in person - the photos simply do not do this shade justice. It acts like a duo chrome, where depending on how you move it kind of changes and reflects the light differently. It's very pretty.

According to their website, this is their best selling blush shade! Described there as a beautiful super sparkly pink/rose gold that is perfect for blush, or used lightly as a highlight over blush. You can buff it into your skin for a luminous rosy glow, or apply it with a fluffier brush for a wash of golden sparkle.

Although this is sold as a blush/highlighter I use it as an eyeshadow. I used it in the eye look along with their Birthday Cake eyeshadow. I applied it to my inner corners and on my brow bone and it's beautiful. Also really pretty on its own on the lid. If I did use this as a blush shade, I would use it more for highlighting or adding a glow to my cheeks, instead of my main blush shade. I'm not a huge blush wearer though, and I generally don't like sparkle in my blush, so maybe that's why I prefer to use this on the eyes instead.

I have another one of Swagger Cosmetics highlighters from my Wantable.co Makeup Box, and I like that shade as well but I think theis Golden Rose shade is very pretty!



Swagger Cosmetics Lipgloss
Shade: Mango Madness







Swagger Cosmetics Lipgloss Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $12.00 (comes in a 3.5 ml tube full size). Available on the Swagger Cosmetics website. Custom colors range from $10 to $29 - click here to read all about their custom color option.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

Smooth & glossy, these vegan lip colors are never sticky or slimy. Formulated with coconut oil for its moisturizing and healing properties, as well as its cushiony and silky texture. Don't let the fact that they're liquid fool you - colors range from being coquettishly sheer to completely opaque.

Available in 12 shades, plus the option to create custom colors.

I have the shade Mango Madness which is described on their website as a sheer fluorescent orange. I would say that's pretty accurate. I loved the shade; orange is a color I always stayed away from up until about a year or two ago when I tried some orange and realize it looks great with my skintone and coloring. Now I love oranges! This one, Mango Madness, is so gorgeous - I'm seriously in love with it! I will be getting this full size without any doubt!

The formula went on very smooth and felt comfy on my lips. It felt hydrating, was very glossy, and was non-sticky. The color is sheer, which I personally like about this shade, but they do offer more opaque colors.

Some other shades I want to try are Lolipop Gloss and Raspberry Rampage.

I do want to mention, in case anyone is wondering, their lip gloss comes in a tube not a jar. I just have a sample of this shade and thought I should make it clear in case there was any confusion.

For me, if there is one product you get from Swagger Cosmetics, this lip gloss is it. I can't speak on the other shades, but for some reason I super loved the Mango Madness! I'd recommend!!



Swagger Cosmetics False Lashes
Style: Starlet






Swagger Cosmetics False Lashes Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $7.00 to $12.00 per pair, depending on style (most are $7 per pair). Available on the Swagger Cosmetics website.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

These 100% vegan lashes are only made of the softest synthetic fibers (unlike most synthetic lashes which are stiff and uncomfortable), and contain no human or animal hair. They also feature a soft and flexible band for easy application, natural blending with your real lashes, and maximum comfort.

Currently available in 5 styles. I have the style Starlet - which I think would look great on a lot of people. A very nice full lash that's isn't crazy insane or obvious.

The lash band is very flexible, which is good, but when I pulled it off the packaging the one side bent very easily (you can kind of see that in the photos). I did notice extra adhesive on the actual lashes themselves, which I didn't really like, but could remove easily. However, I talked to Swagger Cosmetics and they said that the extra adhesive is something NOT usually on their lashes at all. I must have gotten one with extra adhesive, so if you do order these lashes you should not have that issue.

I did like these - the style, Starlet, is nice. I do think they are easy and comfortable to wear, and with proper care you could get several uses out of them.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of the Swagger Cosmetics brand? Which product catches your attention the most? Have you tried anything from this brand, or are any of these products on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)