August 23, 2013

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Celestial & Nova - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

These Rimmel Lip Lacquers finally made their way to the USA. If you're over in the UK you already know all about these - launched as the Apocolips Lip Lacquers -- which I think is a way cuter name, than Show Off Lip Lacquer. But anyway, I really was excited to try these out. I picked up two shades at my local Walgreens. Check out my full review below, including all the product info, after the pics!

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer
Shades: 101 Celestial, 102 Nova
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.

 









Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer
Shade: 101 Celestial







Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer
Shade: 102 Nova





Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: About $4.99 to $5.99 each depending where you shop (0.18 oz full size). Available at drugstores nationwide and online at places like Drugstore.com. I got mine at Walgreens.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

The intense rich color of a lipstick, enhanced by a satin smooth shine. It's neither a lipstick nor a gloss, it's bigger than both. Long live the color!

I would agree and say this is a mix of a lipstick and a lip gloss... a melted lipstick, if you will. Available in I believe 14 shades; 9 are cream shades and 5 are shimmer shades. I picked up two cream shades: Celestial and Nova.

Celestial is your more wearable, neutral, your-lips-but-butter pink but it still has a pop of color to it. Where as Nova is your very bright pink. Both have great pigmentation.

The applicator is your standard doe-foot applicator, but there is a hole in the middle, which holds more of the product making it a one-dip product to get all the color you need from a single swipe.

They are so pigmented and creamy rich that you do need a mirror to apply them, because it's easy to go out of the lines with this sort of product - but with a mirror I didn't have a problem applying them. They look really nice and full-color once on. They feel comfortable on the lips. The color lasts about as long as a lipgloss in terms of the shine it leaves behind, but sticks around slightly longer due to the lipstick-like quality of this.

Overall, I thought these were nice and I do like the two colors I purchased. I don't think I'd want to purchase any other shades because no others really popped out at me, but I always say that and then pick up another on a random Walgreens trip. I'd recommend these!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these lip lacquers? Have you tried them or did you add them to your beauty wish list? Which shade do you like better, Celestial or Nova? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)