August 26, 2013

Alikay Naturals Brown Suga' Baby Body Scrub & Juicyliscious Organic Lip Balm Coco-Banana Cream - pics, swatches, reviews

Hello, Beautiful!

As a beauty blogger I am addicted to discovering new products and new brands. I've tried out another new-to-me brand, Alikay Naturals. I have two products from their line, which I'll show you in this post. Their Brown Suga' Baby Body Scrub, and their Juicyliscious Organic Lip Balm in Coco-Banana Cream. Check out my full review on each product, including all the product info, after each set of pics!


Alikay Naturals Brown Suga' Baby Body Scrub










Alikay Naturals Brown Suga' Baby Body Scrub Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $12.00 (8 oz full size). Available on the Alikay Naturals website.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

So sweet and yummy; brown sugar naturally exfoliates your skin while moisturizing and nourishing it. Dry skin will feel revitalized after this scrub. Enriched with essential oils to remove dead skin and reveal your moisturized healthy skin underneath. Naturally scented with brown sugar and caramel, indulge your skin with this delicious blend. This products is 100% natural and 100% organic. No petroleum, mineral oil, alcohol, parabens, sulfates or silicones.

This is a runny formula for a scrub; you really need to shake it up or mix it up before each use. I'm assuming it's because this is a natural product. I don't mind having to shake or mix it up, so that doesn't really bother me and for me, isn't a con (but it could be a con to you, which is why I even mention it). The scrub part itself is gritty but gentle. Gets my skin soft and smooth.

It smells really yummy - and for me, that's a big selling point. I want to enjoy my shower experience and scents play a big role in that. This is one I surely do enjoy using. This is a really yummy treat in the shower to scrub down your body, and if you're into all-natural products then you'll love this scrub and I'd recommend it for you!


Alikay Naturals Juicyliscious Organic Lip Balm Coco-Banana Cream







Alikay Naturals Juicyliscious Organic Lip Balm Coco-Banana Cream Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $5.00 (0.5 oz full size). Available on the Alikay Naturals website.
My Rating: 3 out of 5 Kisses

Keep your lips soft, moisturized, protected and juicyliscious with organic natural ingredients. Smells great and makes lips feel even better. This product is 100% natural and 100% organic. Made with jojoba oil, aloe vera butter, shea butter, vitamin E, beeswax and fruit flavor extracts. No petroleum, mineral oil, alcohol, parabens, sulfates, or silicones.

This is a very soft lip balm formula. It goes onto your lips smooth and melts onto lips, but I don't feel like it really penetrates deep down into my lips; it just kind of sits on top more but it still moisturizes them. I just feel like you need to make sure you use a lip scrub first, then this product and you'll be good to go. I also felt it was a bit greasy feeling on my lips; almost like the feeling you'd get from using Vaseline on your lips.

The flavor/scent is supposed to be Coco-Banana Cream, which sounded delicious and I was excited about. However, I found it to smell a bit more like Vaseline and lemons; I don't know if that's even the best way to describe it but to me it didn't smell like cocoa or bananas. Maybe I just got a bad one, or maybe their other flavors/scents are better.

Other flavors/scents are: Emu Mint, Tropical Punch, Mango Pomegranate, Watermelon, Grape, Cherry Pineapple, Apricot Orange, Raspberry Guava Apple, Bubblegum, and Strawberry Cheesecake.

I think this is an okay lip balm; I wouldn't recommend it if you're lips are super dry (unless you use a lip scrub first) but it's a nice use-daily lip balm. Very nice soft formula too, and I like that it's a natural/organic formula. They do have a lip scrub I'd love to try, since I did like their body scrub so much, so I think that would be my next purchase!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this body scrub? What about the lip balm? Have you tried anything from Alikay Naturals? If so, what do you think? If not, did you add either of these products to your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)