March 13, 2013

Milani Color Statement Lipstick for Pinks & Corals - swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

As I stated in my last Milani Color Statement Lipsticks post (Oranges & Reds), I'm showing you all 30 shades they offer separated by color group. In this post I'll show you their Pinks & Corals - which includes 7 shades. I'll share with you the other two color groups next week.

I wanted to add a note that for some reason I labeled #12 Flamingo Pose as Flamingo ROSE. It is in fact POSE and not ROSE. Don't even ask me why I did that. Sorry about that!

Check out my pics, swatches, info, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Milani - Color Statement Lipstick
Pinks & Corals
Shades: 09 Pink Frost, 11 Fruit Punch, 12 Flamingo Pose, 14 Rose Hip, 15 Hot Pink Rage, 16 Flirty Fuchsia, 33 Rose Amour











Milani - Color Statement Lipstick
Shade: 09 Pink Frost (metallic)
 






Milani - Color Statement Lipstick
Shade: 11 Fruit Punch (cream)
 






Milani - Color Statement Lipstick
Shade: 12 Flamingo Pose (cream)
 






Milani - Color Statement Lipstick
Shade: 14 Rose Hip (cream)
 






Milani - Color Statement Lipstick
Shade: 15 Hot Pink Rage (matte)
 






Milani - Color Statement Lipstick
Shade: 16 Flirty Fuchsia (vinyl)
 






Milani - Color Statement Lipstick
Shade: 33 Rose Amour (cream)
 




Milani Color Statement Lipstick Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $5.49 (0.14 oz full size). Available on the Milani Cosmetics website, as well as drugstores nationwide, like CVS and Walgreens. You can also find Milani at Target, Drugstore.com, and Kmart (to name a few)
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

Make a statement without saying a word! True instant color. One stroke, full coverage application. This next generation lipstick gives the ultimate in color, texture and finish. The lightweight creamy formula contains vitamins A, C and E to moisturize and nourish lips. Paraben-free.

Available in vinyl, metallic, cream, shimmer, pearl and matte finish.

I was really impressed with these lipsticks! First off, they are super affordable at just $5.49 each full retail price - and let's not even start to think how affordable they'd become with coupons and/or sales! The pigmentation in these lipsticks in unreal for a drugstore brand; they are super pigmented and go on really fantastic. If you're looking for a sheer lipstick these are NOT for you, but if you want a full color, richly pigmented lipstick then look no further.

Because they are so richly pigmented I do like to apply these with a lip brush - especially the darker shades - but of course that's not necessary to use these. It's just my personal preference when it comes to any richly pigmented lipstick. They do go on creamy and easy, and last a fair length of time.

The 6 different finishes - vinyl, metallic, cream, shimmer, pearl, matte - give you a range of looks that you can play around with. Wear alone or top with gloss; have fun with these! I do find they all have a shine/gloss to them, especially in photos -- even the matte finish (although looks more matte in person).

Honestly, I find these to be as good or better than higher end brands. I also really like the packaging because the bottoms are color coordinated with the lipstick inside, making them super easy to find what color you're looking for and they look beautiful stored in my lipstick organizer.

I absolutely would recommend these lipsticks! With 30 shades you're sure to find at least one or two that fit your style and personality.

Since I'm reviewing all 30 shades in 4 separate posts, the review above will be posted in each one but now I'll talk specifically about the shades in this post...

The Pinks & Corals offer 7 shades. Out of the 6 finishes these lipsticks offer, they have 4 of them; all but the shimmer and pearl: 4 cream, 1 vinyl, 1 metallic, and 1 matte.

My favorites are Fruit Punch, Flamingo Pose, and Hot Pink Rage. They are all warmer tone pinks, which look better on me, but I really do like all the pink shades - except I wasn't a fan of Pink Frost at all. On my lips it just looked like an icy, frosty baby pink mess. Just not flattering on me but it could look great topped on a darker pink to highlight the center of the lips or if you have fair skin and fairer pigmented lips this may be a great baby pink shade for you. It just didn't work for me.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these lipsticks? Which shade from this group of colors if your favorite? Have you tried these or are they on your wishlist? Discuss in the comments below.

5 comments:

  1. The pink frost is definitely my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post now I really want Pink Frost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEED FRUIT PUNCH!!! :) Awesome reviews and pictures!! Thanks so much for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I really, really appreciate the time and effort you obviously put into this post. It must take you hours to photograph and edit. This is an amazingly helpful review! Thank you!

    My favourites are Rose Hip and Flirty Fuchsia, but really, all of these except Pink Frost are "my" kinds of lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously appreciate the obvious effort you put into these posts. I am eagerly awaiting your posts on the berries and plum shades and the browns/neutral shades!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)