I did this NOTD a few weeks ago, before I had my surgery. I just haven't gotten around to sharing it with you all until today. On this particular day, I was in a red polish mood but also wanted to use flakies. I knew I'd reach for my Barielle polish in Elle's Spell, but it's rather sheer so I layered that over a red creme base. In addition, I wanted to use one of the Finger Paints Special Effects polishes, which I decided to layer over top everything. In the end, I liked the mani but I still wasn't satisfied. I went matte and loved it a lot more.
I prefer this look matte, but which do you like better? Matte or shiny?
Shown above matte, and below shiny.
To re-create this NOTD:
- One coat of Zoya Anchor base coat.
- One coat of China Glaze polish in Ruby Deer
- One coat of Barielle polish in Elle's Spell
- One coat of Finger Paints polish in Twisted
- One coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
- To go matte: one coat of Hard Candy Matte Top Coat
Then I went matte....